mobilenvidia

NVIDIA driver v180.10 for Windows Vista 64bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 180.10
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 64bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-10-01 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 41.73MB (MD5: 08a905595441792e448aefd84ae92353)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: False
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 5 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 5 models:

[DEV_0604] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2

[DEV_0612] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

[DEV_0613] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

There is an error in this driver/INF. In the INF, the files section refers to a file called "nvbridge.kmd" The driver contains a file called "nvbridge" with no file extension. The file must be renamed and the extension added before the driver will work properly.

P.S. Pieter, feel free to delete this post once the error is fixed :-)

Driver fixed, should no call the above file.

Will need to make another adjustment to auto packer.

Guest UltraCow

Unfortunately, these drivers seem to not work properly when it comes to PowerMizer level 3 (2D clocks). Even when it's set properly, the only time it downshifts the clockspeed on batteryis when the display sleeps. Otherwise it's always at low-power 3D speeds. Tried various reg settings including disabling PM by way of the PowerMizerEnable reg key. This does hand it off to Vista's half-cooked method, but still doesn't go to 2D clocks like it should.

This is on a T61p, running Vista x64. Any ideas?

This driver seems to have alot of improvement at least with Vantage, performed all tests faster. Scores went up almost 400 points for me. Changes to SLI controls panel also.

This was a self mod just adding my card to inf.

178.24 gpu-7102 cpu-20199 3DMark Score-8476

180.10 gpu-7447 cpu-20553 3DMark Score-8859

This seems to be a pretty good driver. I am not a fan of synthetic benchmarks, but my games feel smoother. I do have one question though. There is one particular open source OpenGL-based FPS game called Sauerbraten that I like to play. Ever since I have switched to Vista, it has run very slowly, I believe due to the fact that Triple Buffering is not working correctly/at all. Can anyone else confirm or deny this with any game?

You have to be kidding me, I send my laptop for some unrelated chassis problems, and a cool driver like this comes about... Maybe I'm just a little too addicted to having the newest driver, Damn you LaptopVideo2Go!

You have to be kidding me, I send my laptop for some unrelated chassis problems, and a cool driver like this comes about... Maybe I'm just a little too addicted to having the newest driver, Damn you LaptopVideo2Go!

Just got the phone call from the repair shop and then was able to release this driver, wasn't allowed any earlier :)

driver dont work!i install it but nothing works on vista64bit!not controlpanel and with gpu-z i see nothing driver is install.

i have 2 gtx 8800 and vista64bit

Installed fine for me even with setup.exe

Guest UltraCow

Alright, so I figured out the lack of 2D downclocking on battery. Had to add the two reg entries PowerMizerHardLevel and PowerMizerHardLevelAC with the same values as the non-HardLevel entries and it now downclocks correctly as before.

Unfortunately, this driver brought back the crazy DPC interrupts (causes system-wide stuttering whenever a USB device was added or removed, even the mouse) problem that most of the 177.xx series had. I previously narrowed it down to the display driver and others have complained of this issue before. Makes it completely unusable for me, it's that bad.

Hopefully nVidia gets their act together quickly this time and doesn't keep breaking whatever it is in the driver that keeps causing this. Sad too, as this looked to be a pretty good driver in other aspects...back to 176.48 for me.

When 32bit version ?? :<

There should be more versions leaked/released somewhat soon.

Found some big bug in testing this version with lightmark.

There is no figure displayed in the bench.

For example when shadows are tested.

I can see only the shadow, but not the figure, where it should come from.

Seems that this one is a bad version of driver.

That's why the bench resulst would be good.

But not all contents are displayed in screen.

MFG

It is only beta. The next version will probably have this fixed.

PhysX is enabled by default in 8400M G 128MB, even though AFAIK it's not supported with it. My laptop freezed, screen started acting weird and eventually booted. Though this happened once even after disabling PhysX, so it could be something else too.

For some reason, since leaving 176 (even with 178.15), I've had a vicious 1inch black border on my HDTV when I use HDMI output. 1080p by the way. I have no option in NVIDIA control panel to stop underscan / overscan. What the hell do I need to do to fix this? For the record, the card is an NVIDIA 9700M GT.

Yeah, I have the problem too... Fixed it through the tv by selecting some - 1 option from the display area, not a very good fix though.

For some reason, since leaving 176 (even with 178.15), I've had a vicious 1inch black border on my HDTV when I use HDMI output. 1080p by the way. I have no option in NVIDIA control panel to stop underscan / overscan. What the hell do I need to do to fix this? For the record, the card is an NVIDIA 9700M GT.

Yeah, I have the problem too... Fixed it through the tv by selecting some - 1 option from the display area, not a very good fix though.

Suppose it's about time I created an account... Anyway, I don't have the ability to re-size vertically or horizontally HDMI inputs on my TV no matter the resolution and for some reason attempting to use the Resize function (which won't let me expand to full picture size) does not seem to work. Like I said, if anyone knows how to rectify this situation, please let me us know.

Edit: I seem to have discovered the problem, yet I cannot solve it. When I set my output to 720p (A far cry from my monitor's native 1080p), I was able to disable HDTV resizing by selecting the "Do not resize my desktop" option. The only problem here is that everytime I attempt to do the same while in 1080p, it refuses to allow me to do so, constantly reverting straight back to "Resize my desktop". Of course one may think, why not just resize your desktop and use your TV's zoom function? Well, I've tried that... except that it ignores my resize and goes back to the same old unsightly 1 inch border. So it seems my only option is live with a 1inch border while in 1080p mode or use 720p; of course, that is granted someone here cannot provide us with a work around.

Edit 2: I've managed to discover a work around (running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with NVIDIA 9700M GT using 180.10 drivers). It requires a little registry tweaking and absolutely no reboots. For those like me unable to disable Desktop Resizing, Close NVIDIA Control Panel. Now proceed to open the Registry Editor (Run: regedit), and browse to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak. Within here, we are looking for a 32-bit DWORD value named "NvCplEnableAdvancedTimingPage". This value by default is set to 0. We want to set this value to 1. Close and open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Under Display will be a new menu named "Manage custom resolutions". Within here, we will be creating our desired resolution so that we may operate correctly without the scaling issue. Select your display (for myself, it is my HDTV) and click "Create". Enter the desired horizontal and vertical width. I desired to achieve 1080p once more correctly so I entered 1920 horizontal pixels and 1080 vertical pixels. I left the GDI Refresh rate at 60 (60 Hertz) and the Bits per pixel at 32-bit. I did not select the checkbox for "Interlaced" as that would defeat the entire purpose of what I was trying to accomplish. The advanced tab was not necessary for what I desired. From here on, I selected the Test button and prayed. "Acquiring Signal"... And 1:1 Pixel 1080p was achieved! I went into the "Change Resolution" tab, selected my newly... innovated 1920x1080 resolution, and am happily cruising along in proper 1080p. I hope this helps others who are in my predicament.

Now on another note, I hope NVIDIA fixes this issue because it was truthfully unacceptable that after no less than 5 different driver updates, it took the creating of custom timings and registry modification to get something to work that realistically shouldn't be anymore than 10 more lines of code by someone in the NVIDIA development department.

Edited by Papa Midnight

Alright, so I figured out the lack of 2D downclocking on battery. Had to add the two reg entries PowerMizerHardLevel and PowerMizerHardLevelAC with the same values as the non-HardLevel entries and it now downclocks correctly as before.

Unfortunately, this driver brought back the crazy DPC interrupts (causes system-wide stuttering whenever a USB device was added or removed, even the mouse) problem that most of the 177.xx series had. I previously narrowed it down to the display driver and others have complained of this issue before. Makes it completely unusable for me, it's that bad.

Hopefully nVidia gets their act together quickly this time and doesn't keep breaking whatever it is in the driver that keeps causing this. Sad too, as this looked to be a pretty good driver in other aspects...back to 176.48 for me.

Hi.

Could You send to me Yours inf file (metalxxx@wp.pl) with this Reg changes ?? Or maybe write how to do this and where add this two entries ?

Guest nickless

The nvidia control panel doesn't detect SLI, only one card on my 9800GX2 is working, AA and AF only let me go to 8x or 8xQ, and all other controls like desktop color and resolution are all broken, PhysX also don't work. Back to 187.15 for now. Maybe there is a problem with 9800 GX2, because I'm not only with 9800 GX2 and this problem. I hope nvidia will fix it!