LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 178.24

Dox

I am using winxp sp3. my actual display memory is 256. i am using macbook pro early 2008 model 8600m gt.

macOS sysinfo also report 256MB. Need to check with GPU-Z.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• tuhintt

• alexdino

• Au_Xtr3me

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Dox, Thank u for ur time.

This is my display info. Do i need to worry on ddr3 display ram share with ddr2 system ram? Also is it possiable to disable this Sharing? :)

post-30626-1226848817_thumb.jpg

post-30626-1226848924_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure that it is sharing :)

May be a bug in the driver that shows the wrong info...

to be sure update to another driver and check.

Even if it was shared you not need to worry.

I think its jutst a bug in the driver reporting the wrong info.

Dox, ur driver is OK. my previous driver(provide by apple) also show me the same info.

So is it possible to disable this sharing? Modifying the 'inf' file or some other way. lots of my friend looking for this solution also.

Many Thanks Dox.

:)

Dox, I think you've said that this driver would support the 7 series better than the newer ones do. Is there anyway to get DV working on the XP 32bit version of this? But it doesn't matter (colors are just bland). I myself haven't checked the FPS between the 180.44 and 178.24 yet in CS:S though. :)

Edited by Shaythong

use rivatuner as a workaround to set the desired level of DV.

or stick with the fixed 180.44.1

• 2 weeks later...

With this driver I can:

Enable/disable SLI without reboot, and use 2 monitors when not on SLI.

Thanks!

hi boys :-) i'am a newbie on this website.. Can i install this Nvidia drivers on my f***** HP Dv6710 ?

or have i to find the right release for my laptop? :)

Can i install this Nvidia drivers on my f***** HP Dv6710 ?

Yes.

I tried 180.48,180.60,180.70, all 180 series drivers have to let my notebook "Screen of Death", so I had to make in exchange for 178 Series:banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

Er NM, i tried the custom Resolution and it works fine :) , just thought it was weird that some screen resolutions were not showing up at fist

Great work on the drivers BTW Dox, i like the installation options.

Edited by Lord_Syn

Sorry,I'm Russian user of notebbok Acer.I speak english bad :)

1.This driver's overclock only Shaders,but I want overclock Core and memory too.

2.This driver Hibernation normal(but 180.** can't hibernating on 8600M GS).

3.Thank's you Dox. This driver's fast then standard 178.24.

Guest Guest Emmu

Hello Dox, thanks for the good work you do on these forums. My simple question is: Is your optimized version of this driver WHQL certified? I have a blu-ray player (only work with whql drivers) and would love to install this driver (178.24) but I don't know if it still whql certified like the original drivers. Thanks.

Blu ray should work on my drivers, according to feedback I get.

It is not WHQL certified, since messing with the drivers breaks the certificate.

Thanks Dox, I'm Guest Emmu (just joined the forum as E.D.U.) :) Ok I'll try the driver and tell you if it works. I'll install using the "have disk" method. I hope it works and gives me better gameplay in games, higher 3d 06 marks , and blu-ray playback. Thanks, will give you feedback on results.

OKKKK!!! So, I tested the driver for blu-ray playback and IT WORKED! That was the only reason I never installed your drivers because I didn't think blu-ray would work, but now that they do, I'm only sticking with your drivers. So then since this driver (178.24) worked for blu-ray, I decided to test out the 180.84 v1.1 and that worked too. It actually worked better than the 178.24 ones and offered better performance too game wise. That is amazing since the original 180.84 (unoptimized) is not WHQL certified, so something you did during optimization enabled blu-ray playback on these drivers. Thanks and that shows how impressive your work on these drivers is. I really only had one little problem that I know other people have had with your optimized drivers (180s especially) and the 8600m gt: i get a black screen when I try to wake up from sleep. If you can tell me any possible solutions to this problem I would be very grateful. But, if there aren't any solutions I can live without sleep no problem (not literally of course, lol). Thanks for everything and to reiterate BLU-RAY PLAYBACK WORKS ON DOX'S DRIVERS (at least 178.24 and 180.84 v1.1). :)

The sleep problem isn't caused by his optimized drivers as it is a problem with the original drivers as well. Well that's what I think happened last time I used the stock 180.84 as well. :)

Edited by Shaythong

Thats the one thing I couldnt fix by myself, now that I have testers, hopefully bugs like this can be fixed for my drivers (if the original has them)

Hey Dox, thanks. Funny thing. The sleep just randomly started working. I did absolutely nothing, at least I don't think so. Pretty happy and thankful about it. Good work all round. I just have a couple teaser questions for you: What drivers are you working on optimizing now and when do you hope to release any of them? Are they better that what you've released so far? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to, of course) Thanks, I think I'm happy with 180.84.1, but I'm not sure if one of your other drivers could run COD:WaW better. Scared to try, because I might lose the sleep function if I switch to your other drivers (thinking abt 180.70).

stick with 180.84 since its my newest.

I hav made a 185.20 but for my private use,

I am not working on anymore drivers until a new official one comes out

You got not too many minutes free :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to say thanks for your driver work. I had to set up a partition for windows for some games I wanted to play at a friends place I'm visiting and found that my OEM had some odd setup that tried to force me to use their drivers which were ancient...as in 86.34 or some such. Yours have done the trick for me. My laptop has a 7600gs and I knew it was capable of running a newer driver than Compal offered as under Linux I run 171.xx I picked the 178.24 ones as they have so many glowing reviews scattered around the forum. I may try one of the newer ones when I get back from my trip.

If I could I'd stuff a cold beverage of your choice through the internet. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alexandru

hi there!

for first time i use a modify driver for my nvidia 8600 gs ,notebook,for msi gx700.

after many problems with display driver stop working and black screens for seconds untill is recoveryng,after this driver modified is working nice and smoth!

fps are increase too!

thank you verry much!