• alexdino

• Au_Xtr3me

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

version 1.1 out.

affects vista and vista64 only

-re added powermizer

-re- released vista 64

-Use alt inf to disable powermizer (solves laggy aero)

- added support for 9200MGS and go 6800 gpus

XP wont get the 1.1 treatment so dont ask :)

Since I`m using SLI, and you recommend the alternate inf, and it`s a slow download(40mins or something) ... is it in the archive or what?

Thanks, 1.1 did install successfully the first time like it should! :)

...and temps are lower again

Edited by ipodman715

Since I`m using SLI, and you recommend the alternate inf, and it`s a slow download(40mins or something) ... is it in the archive or what?

cant be helped I'm afraid:

its hosted at a free site

their servers are probs strecthed to the limit with all the downloads.

It would be faster If i could get these drivers hosted on laptopvideo2go server.

Thanks, 1.1 did install successfully the first time like it should! :)

...and temps are lower again

excellent :)

you wouldnt believe how small and obscure the error was.

all is working fine with v1.1 and vista x64 thanks

heys! so would you recommend me to use this driver instead of the other one u made for clevo? i have a clevo m860 tu and the geforce 9600m gs.. should i stick with those or change with this one?

thankx a million!

i had a quick question.

i always had powermizer disabled before, and i have it disabled now. and my card was always running at full speed...

just installed this driver, and was wondering if there would be any other reasons why my card would idle different temps than before? i havnt got to try in game and see if the temps are hotter...

before my idle temps would fluctuate alot (between 55-65c). with these drivers i get idle temps from 59-60c. any reason why? its not necessarily a bad thing im just curious...

thanks!

EDIT: okay tested in BF2. temps are about 2c higher which isnt bad, but i dont really see and frame rate change. infact im seeing this slight "shuddering" or "studdering" is the best way i can describe it...

do you know why this is??

again im not here to complain, i just wanted to let you know of my experience and see if you had any feedback for me...

thanks!

Edited by coolcop06

Hmm im experiencing a weird issue now trying to run the PhysX demos through the property panel. They show a runtime error 1151 or something and basically wont load. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PhysX drivers, and restarting the machine but its still there, whereas it worked before.

Anyoen else having this issue? This is with the 1.1 release and included inf (with powermizer)

Ok Dox I'm running your drivers and I'm very impressed. No laggy aero and everything runs just a fraction faster.

Somehow without powermizer I can actually play all my games on battery.

But I re-enabled it through "powermizer switch" to save power.

Is it possible for to configure powermizer so that it is enabled in the powersaver mode for vista but disabled in high performance?

sorry to say that i have another issue with crash on

Fault Module Name:MSVCR80.dll

i m not sure is it this drive or not.

I ill do more testing

Hope the comments help.

Thanks alot!

I tried 100 times to download XP 32 version of this driver!

I reccomend www.rapidspread.com to distribute Your files :)

1.1 improved my performace but my temp raised 2C from 60 to 62 idle using 7150m/650 - 425mhz OC to 530mhz. TL-60 2.0 ghz to 2.30

edited

sorry double post

my net got DC thought i havent post

Hi,

I have a new Acer 8930 and I had the problem, that watching DVDs in battery-mode was impossible because of bad performance. The video was laggy. I guess the graphic card is throttled in battery mode, though I didn't find a way to change that.

Now I installed these drivers and the problem is gone. The only issue I have is, that I really would like to have a power management so that my fan is not running all the time. I read that is because the graphic chip is running at full power all the time.

Isn't it possible to have power management included in these drivers so that my fan only runs when the graphic card really is in use or does anybody have an idee how to solve the problem with laggy DVD with the original Acer-drivers?

Tim

sorry to say that i have another issue with crash on

Fault Module Name:MSVCR80.dll

i m not sure is it this drive or not.

not my driver files. Is Mircorosoft's : http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/msvcr80/28344

Is it possible for to configure powermizer so that it is enabled in the powersaver mode for vista but disabled in high performance?

I can enable powermizer on battery and once you plug it into AC it will be disabled making gpus clocks stuck in high performance.

Is that something you'd like next release? Anyone else like this idea?

Hi,

Isn't it possible to have power management included in these drivers so that my fan only runs when the graphic card really is in use or does anybody have an idee how to solve the problem with laggy DVD with the original Acer-drivers?

Tim

version 1.1 has powermizer enabled so you should try that versiona and see if it helps.

filefornt is a headache to download from..! :/

i had a quick question.

i always had powermizer disabled before, and i have it disabled now. and my card was always running at full speed...

just installed this driver, and was wondering if there would be any other reasons why my card would idle different temps than before? i havnt got to try in game and see if the temps are hotter...

before my idle temps would fluctuate alot (between 55-65c). with these drivers i get idle temps from 59-60c. any reason why? its not necessarily a bad thing im just curious...

thanks!

EDIT: okay tested in BF2. temps are about 2c higher which isnt bad, but i dont really see and frame rate change. infact im seeing this slight "shuddering" or "studdering" is the best way i can describe it...

do you know why this is??

again im not here to complain, i just wanted to let you know of my experience and see if you had any feedback for me...

thanks!

thanks for th feedback,

what you have to remember is this are nvidia's drivers and I basically customise them and add tweaks to ensure maximum perf of your card possible (dont expect miracles, minimal loss to image quality)-

and each driver from nvidia is different, if you'd like lower temps use my previous 178.13 :)

or try another driver on this site :)

filefornt is a headache to download from..! :/

yah sorry to hear that, I think too many people are trying to download the drivers and their server is struggling.

I dont want to upload to rapidshare because the file will be deleted after certain time with out downloads :P

SO if people could provide mirrors like the two other guests that would be awesome

mirror links so far (thanks guys): vista and vista64 1.1, see first post.

I can enable powermizer on battery and once you plug it into AC it will be disabled making gpus clocks stuck in high performance.

i agree on this..

hm.. can it be done when we changed the setting for the power plan to power saver it will disable the powermizer, and when changing the power plan to high performance, it will enable the powermizer? i think this is wat Au_Xtr3me trying to tell..

anyway, good job on this driver... i got great performance now.. :)

and when changing the power plan to high performance, it will enable the powermizer? i think this is wat Au_Xtr3me trying to tell.

i know what he means, but I'm not sure how, the only thing closest to what he suggested is what i suggested

proxis

thanks for the mirror!

exelente m8... dox's i have still no replay from you n my previous question....

Hello Dox's.... exelente job on the drivers... verry good performance; wy did you use the 178.24 drivers as base drivers? can you build a version of the newest7fastest driver?

no bug found...

8400m gt on a VAIo here...

congrats m8

replay me please... and one more sugestion.... you culd create a setup a bit like omegadrivers did, that give's you the option of installing rivatuner and atitool on the drivers setup.... and of course take the maximum performance from the drivers... (blitting settings one your drivers are off but when i put on my laptop boost a bit performance....)

but exelent job m8... really good....

btw: xp32 drivers new mirror: http://www.2shared.com/file/4120497/26941dc7/XP_17824.html

Edited by clpdj

ahh seem to miss this question :)

basically i use 178.24 because its official and WHQL and I know the changes made from nvidia site.

I dont have knowledge on how to make my own drivers - is that what you mean?

Also these drivers are the newste by build date - newer than 180.10.

I have made setup.exe (and worked well - not made public) before but I have no knowledge on how to create options to choose to install rivatuner or choose which inf to install :P

I'll be more than happy to create setup.exe if someone with more progamming knowledge can make me an install with all the options I need :)

One of the blitting settings is off to gain more fps :P