LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trouble detecting temperature?

warchief_ryan

I have been using ancient v84.78 drivers that came with my laptop but it never detected the temp correctly, now im trying newer forceware v175.32 and tried v179.13 drivers from here but the temps seem low.

When idling with the 175.32 or 179.13 drivers it averages 40-42 ºC, does that sound right? I don't want to trust it, and then fry it later.

I'm not sure how to confirm the temps other then ask what everyone else's temps are with a geforce go 7900 gtx or what temp your fans come on and off?

any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I would have selected go 7900 gtx under my controls but its not in the mobile gpu list...

Edited by warchief_ryan

What program are you using to view the temperature? You might try using another program.

I've been using Rivatuner, not really sure of any other app.

Well tried Everest Ultimate v4.60 shows about the same as RivaTuner, just a degree difference.

Not sure if I can trust these readings but I don't really know another way.

Edited by warchief_ryan

Everest and RivaTuner work for me, and 40-42 C is a good idle temp. Mine average about 48-49 c idle max at 79 C, the highest I've seen.

I agree, those are proper temps. You could try SpeedFan aswell, if you still aren't sure.