53.06 can fix compatibility isssue with WinDVD 4/5

®®®

download here: http://www.leadtek.com.tw/support/download...p?pronameid=329

Can anybody confirm if the following in 53.06 inf is a typo?:

[nv_CoInstaller_DCCApps_AddReg]

HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles, %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvdccapp.cfg>nvwsapps.cfg"

Yes, it's a mistake. It should only read:

HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles, %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvdccapp.cfg"

(You don't really need the quotation marks here either.)

I see. And what are "DCC" apllications?

It's a Quadro thing but I don't know what it does. Maybe some Quadro owner can jump in here with the answer?

• 2 weeks later...

53.06 fixed my problems with winDVD, but has created problems with Grand Theft Auto: vice city, which now constantly minimizes itself . arggh!

same problem trying to run visualizers in itunes for windows on full screen - minimizes back out before anything appears on screen. however, can use the visualizers full screen in wmp. also, no problems with medal of honor. v. strange...

thanks for all the work you guys do on this stuff.

let me start by saying I know virtually nothing about any of this, however I noticed that the problem seems only to occur when attempting to go from regular windows environment into a full screen environment where the full screen environment is at a different resolution than the windows environment. i.e. if I set the desktop to 1600x1200 and try to go full screen with a visualizer at 800x600, it flashes in full screen for a second and then kicks back out to window desktop with the window minimized. if, however, I se the visualizer to 1600x1200, it works. and, if I set the desktop to 800x600 before invoking the full screen at 800x600 it works. I imagine that GTA is attempting to change the resolution when it launches into full screen and this screws it up. but, I think it changes back and forth during gameplay/control screens etc., so this will likely be a problem no matter what I set desktop res. to before launching GTA. will continue experimentation, I guess...