LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v180.42 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA - Big Bang II

mobilenvidia

hello to all,

i was using 177.35 drivers from here for a while and with the release of big bang 2, i thought i should update them now... i uninstalled the old drivers and tried to install this but failed. it takes really long to install and at the end it says "the system didn't changed, to install this driver run the setup later" (not the exact words, but something like this, it's in another language) i tried a couple times including in safe mode and using the last known good configuration thing, but no change still, i thought maybe it's because this is not whql certified, so i tried installing the latest whql certified drivers 178.24, but that is the same too, i tried same things many times with 178.24 too, then i thought maybe it's because of physx drivers, so i installed the latest physx-free drivers 177.81, and it worked, im using it now, but i know about the performance boost with 180.42, so i really want to use it. i tried installing the physx drivers manually first and it installed the phsyx drivers without any errors but still can't install the drivers. Is there anyway to remove the phsyx driver (tried removing the phsyx setup exe, still no change :\) or any other way to pass this problem ? (my OS is Vista 32bit obviously =))

thanks a lot...

edit: i just realised that my gpu shows as N/A, im using asus m51sn and it has nvidia geforce 9500m gs...

Edited by crasah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J

• coolcop06

• mobilenvidia

• Mackovich

Guest flogi12

Hi

I also had the problem that Far Cry2 starts in window mode and there is only a black screen.

Solution: In Vista go to: User/Documents/MyGames/Far Cry 2

There is a xml File. Here you can set the resolution you want to play the game. The black screen is because the standard resolution doesn't work with this driver. For me it worked fine with 1280*800.

Sorry for my bad English because I'm from austria.

mfg flogi

please fix it it doesn't work in far cry 2!!i only can hear sound and my screen is black!!!

Edited by box13

please fix it it doesn't work in far cry 2!!i only can hear sound and my screen is black!!!

Here's the solve for this "big" Far Cry 2 Problem (step by step):

1. You have to open User/My Games/Far Cry 2/GamerProfil with Wordpad

2. You'll see this:

<GamerProfile>

<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" />

<RenderProfile MultiSampleMode="2" AlphaToCoverage="1" ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="800" Quality="ultrahigh" Fullscreen="1" Maximized="0" ForceWidescreen="0" AspectRatio="0" VSync="0" RefreshRate="60" DisableMip0Loading="0" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" Platform="d3d9" ShowFPS="0" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">

3. Now you have to fix this:

3.1. Go to the part which looks like this-->Maximized="0" , now refill the Zero with an One, than it looks like this-->Maximized="1"

4. Save it

5. Enjoy

6. Thx to me :)

CloudStrifeZero :)

Here's the solve for this "big" Far Cry 2 Problem (step by step):

1. You have to open User/My Games/Far Cry 2/GamerProfil with Wordpad

2. You'll see this:

<GamerProfile>

<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" />

<RenderProfile MultiSampleMode="2" AlphaToCoverage="1" ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="800" Quality="ultrahigh" Fullscreen="1" Maximized="0" ForceWidescreen="0" AspectRatio="0" VSync="0" RefreshRate="60" DisableMip0Loading="0" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" Platform="d3d9" ShowFPS="0" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">

3. Now you have to fix this:

3.1. Go to the part which looks like this-->Maximized="0" , now refill the Zero with an One, than it looks like this-->Maximized="1"

4. Save it

5. Enjoy

6. Thx to me :)

CloudStrifeZero :P

thanks man!!! :) :P :rofl: it works quite good but it stucks a little bit with my 8600m gs anyway what graphic card have you got?

sorry about my english i am from greece

Edited by box13

Does it work with 9600m GT becaus i installed it and i wasnt abel to play crysis on high .

Before i installed it i played with the standart notebookdriver on high and had no problems :S

hahahaha! im glad it worked for you!

:)

well what (i believe) powermizer does is lower the core/memory speeds when it detects that there isnt a "3D" application running in order to save battery power, so running aero and ie7, firefox, exe. isnt counted as a "3D" app and powermizer slows down the gpu, which is the scroll lag you see.

so yes in a way it is like speedstep.

whats this is going to do is force high 3D speeds 100% of the time. if you have a problem with high temps or dont like the battery life with this off, just simply change the values back to what they were before you changed them, or install a new driver (yes, you have to do this everytime you install a new driver :\).

and also if your getting downclocking issues while in game, this should solve that problem too (i think haha).

glad i could be of service. :P

P.s. "2222" = powermizer disable on batt/ac

"3322" = powermizer disable on ac only (i think)

as far as the other settings ive always just changed those as well, as thats how i learned to disable powermizer completely. its worked for the 6 months that i have been using it...

You don't understand my problem correctly xD

I didn't have this problem with 177.73. Without your tweak, I've this problem EVEN IN 3D HIGH PERFORMANCE 475/400 W/ POWERMIZER (3333) for 180.42 or any drivers with higher version than 177.73 !!!

Trust me! I'm sure! I checked it with GPU-Z!

It's not Core/Memory slow-down problem :)

On my Asus G1s 8600gt - vista home premium (32), using 180.42 with the modded .inf, powermizer would not clock down to 2D settings - just switch between low power 3D and high power 3D. Since I use my laptop 98% for taking notes in class (yes I know it is a waste), I dont want to give up 20% of my battery life. For now I went back to Dox latest modded driver (178.24).

Please give me the latest Dox's modded inf for 180.42

Please give me the latest Dox's modded inf for 180.42

you would need to check the "Member Projects, Tools, Utilities & Customized INF's" Sections for that.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=10

but i dont think hes done any of the 180 series drivers yet... :\

i hope he will soon.

Dox drivers are nice but I think when my 7900 gs clocks down to 2d, Aero starts looking funny. Every time I minimize a window or do the 3d window view thing it skips a lot.

On my laptop even with powermizer disabled (I have changed the registry), card is slowing down after some time playing biahh. I don't know what to do more to completly disable powermizer...

Edited by zboq

thanks man!!! :) :) :P it works quite good but it stucks a little bit with my 8600m gs anyway what graphic card have you got?

me too man! Turning back to dell's latest 175.32

P.S. If I have Ageia PhisX, what should I do with the option "turn on PhisX on GPU" (something like that, my drivers in russian), that is on updated SLI and PhysX page

I have had avg-21, max-35, min-17 in far cry 2 on my laptop

And with this driver I’ve got 17,27,13

this is entirely stupid. but i have no idea how to download this. where is the link? thanks.

edit: worth adding that when i click the driver button it says "how did you get here. go back and try again"

Edited by trstn

This Driver is little slowlier than the 179.XX in 3DMark06 but i got better Performance in Games. And the GPU seems to be much cooler now. It's not the best one but it's good and my SLI-System works better now. :)

xD

177.73+(PerfLevelSrc="3333") ... OK! -> No Scroll Lag -> PowerMizer works perfectly w/ 3 modes: 175/100-275/200-475/400

180.42+(PerfLevelSrc="3333") ... FAIL! -> Scroll Lag but PowerMizer works perfectly w/ 3 modes: 175/100-275/200-475/400

180.42+(PerfLevelSrc="3322/2222") ... OK! -> No Scroll Lag but PowerMizer doesn't works. Just one mode: 475/400 which make my lappy hot and ... :)

Edited by P.J

Guest semeoneor

I have a dell inspirion 1520 with a 8600mgt and this driver seems to work but when i put it to sleep and then come back to turn it back on the screen just remains black. Does anyone know what to do to fix this without going back to a older driver?

I'm having issues with my multi monitor setup.

I have a 1440x900 LCD as my primary monitor and my laptops 1280x800 as a secondary screen.

But now at each reboot it resets my LCD to 1280x800 and makes it secondary. Pretty god damned annoying. :/

I have a dell inspirion 1520 with a 8600mgt and this driver seems to work but when i put it to sleep and then come back to turn it back on the screen just remains black. Does anyone know what to do to fix this without going back to a older driver?

I have the same issue. It's a known issue since 169.xx. Just don't use the hibernation. I don't know how to fix it.

u guys can still overclock your cards with that driver ? im 1 of the unlucky guy that for overclock cant install a driver above the 169.04 :)

how can i install a new driver and overclock ? Nvidia 9300m G, Vista Home 32bit, Acer 5720ZG 3gb Ram & core 2 Duo T2390 1.86ghz

the only way is edit the bios ? if i fail i can only put in trash my notebook right ?

u guys can still overclock your cards with that driver ? im 1 of the unlucky guy that for overclock cant install a driver above the 169.04 :)

how can i install a new driver and overclock ? Nvidia 9300m G, Vista Home 32bit, Acer 5720ZG 3gb Ram & core 2 Duo T2390 1.86ghz

the only way is edit the bios ? if i fail i can only put in trash my notebook right ?

My last drivers were the 169.04. More recent drivers didn't work well on my laptop (toshiba x200, 8700M GT), can't overclock, BSOD, etc...

I didn't try the 179.xx series. But what I can tell is that the 180.42 works pretty well -except the black screen issue with hibernation- and It's ok for overclocking with rivatuner.

Guest CloudStrifeZero
thanks man!!! :) :P :P it works quite good but it stucks a little bit with my 8600m gs anyway what graphic card have you got?

I have an Geforce 8800GT 512MB a couple of months, but before i'd have this card i was an Notebook-User like u but with an Geforce 8600M GT :)

CloudStrifeZero