LaptopVideo2Go Forums

help my graphics temp is 98.0C with no overclocking performed

policeinformer

plz help this cant be normal I have not touched my laptop overclocked ect.. in anyway is this normal and how do I fix it?

hxxp://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afterruunuglegofor5minusu6.jpg

thats after running lego batman for 3 minutes

hxxp://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nogamesrunninguu1.jpg

thats with nothing running 5 minutes after startup

this is a previous post off early with info about my system and the problems ive had before i tested my temp

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21346

Edited by policeinformer

They say installing a third party application will void the warantee. but you wont have done this. windows is not 3rd party.

if you are concerned then do a factory restore. will set it up as it was when you first got it.

have tinked with it quite a lot put xp on,changed partion size,fxked mbr. i got it from mail order cataloge you think id have voided warrenty?

or just send it back and hope for the best?

sorry not sure what happened... must have edited and deleted my other posting

-They say installing a third party application will void the warantee. but you wont have done this. Although maybe it is best that you do a factory restore. will set it up as it was when you first got it. How long have you had it? Consumer garantees act states you have 7 days right of return. (well in my country anyway)

too be honest I dont know maybe about five months? should have a 1 year warrenty though?but too be honest id only do it as a last resort as I have no backup pc at the moment and could take weeks for them to try to repair and test (which is the option they will push on me first)and then return.

is there anything else I can look or check for, if I clean it and check fans, and still have problem? basically what it can be if its not just a heat circulation problem? IE faulty board,proccessor,ect.. and wat signs to look for? thanks

Edited by policeinformer

too be honest I dont know maybe about five months? should have a 1 year warrenty though?but too be honest id only do it as a last resort as I have no backup pc at the moment and could take weeks for them to try to repair and test (which is the option they will push on me first)and then return.

is there anything else I can look or check for, if I clean it and check fans, and still have problem? basically what it can be if its not just a heat circulation problem? IE faulty board,proccessor,ect.. and wat signs to look for? thanks

if you do a clean and it does not affect the temps then it will be the contact between CPU and heatsink. replace the thermal pad/paste. its pretty easy. But for a first time it can be scary.

1)Open up the underside, take out the 2/4 screws holding the heatsink on to the motherboard.

2)Scrape off the paste throughly and apply new paste.

3)Put the heat sink back on, screw it onto motherboard and close the underside and screw it on again.

This will surely fix the heat issue.

If the motherboard was faulty you would notice more than temp issues. like random crashing/ restarting.