LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New 180 drivers on Macbook Pro. Increased mem clock?

Guest Dan

I just installed the 180.42 drivers on my "old" Macbook Pro with the 8600M GT card.

The default memory clock speed is 635mhz. However, after installing these drivers it is now 1000mhz!

Whats going on here? What should i do? I'm running an nvidia card demo now to see what happens as i keep an eye on temps.

Please advise!

:)

I just installed the 180.42 drivers on my "old" Macbook Pro with the 8600M GT card.

The default memory clock speed is 635mhz. However, after installing these drivers it is now 1000mhz!

Whats going on here? What should i do? I'm running an nvidia card demo now to see what happens as i keep an eye on temps.

Please advise!

:)

Hrmm apparently the clock speeds change dynamically. I had the demo going and i swear i saw 1000mhz (2000mhzDDR). then i checked again and it was the proper 635mhz. Now w/ the system idle its like 300mhz (600ddr).

Whats going on here? Did these drivers enable it to change? Did they always change? I'm monitoring in rivatuner

Thanks again for the help. I'm concerned of course w/ the GPU melting down on this POSs. I want to double make sure i'm not overclocking the GPU.