LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.43

Dox

Guest Xlom3000
Hey man you just need to add your hardware ID to the inf

for my (new MBP 9600m GT 256mb it is.)

%NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0647.1% = nv_G9x_HD, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647

.. this is for the base model MBP with the 256mb video ram, if you have the 512 version it may be diff.

Thanks a ton. gonna check my id and try it now

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Naveen

• Felzio

• MrNewman

Guest Xlom3000
Hey man you just need to add your hardware ID to the inf

for my (new MBP 9600m GT 256mb it is.)

%NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0647.1% = nv_G9x_HD, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647

.. this is for the base model MBP with the 256mb video ram

, if you have the 512 version it may be diff.

I'll add that id to next release, there seems to be two diff 9600MGT, thanks

Is it supposed to report my card as %NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0647.1% in the device manager? I haven't noticed it a problem yet. Just curious.

dont worry, its fine, its just some settings are missing in the inf to do with the name,

I'll make sure your card is supported in the drivers next release

Guest Some Guy

Before installing these drivers, I could come out of sleep mode just fine. After installing these though, nothing will display on my screen after coming awake from sleep mode. Any reason why this happens?

Before installing these drivers, I could come out of sleep mode just fine. After installing these though, nothing will display on my screen after coming awake from sleep mode. Any reason why this happens?

what card are you using? DOX said who ever is using GeForce 7 and below should use the last one 178.24 [im using a 7000m with 178.24]. and also these 180.43 are beta by the way while the 178.24 are official so you might have better luck with them.

by the way i want to say many thanks to DOX because these are the best mobile drivers ive used so far. i used to use the ones from TweakForce but they decided to mod the sucky ones with memory leaks and whatnot.

Guest Some Guy
what card are you using? DOX said who ever is using GeForce 7 and below should use the last one 178.24 [im using a 7000m with 178.24]. and also these 180.43 are beta by the way while the 178.24 are official so you might have better luck with them.

by the way i want to say many thanks to DOX because these are the best mobile drivers ive used so far. i used to use the ones from TweakForce but they decided to mod the sucky ones with memory leaks and whatnot.

I'm using an 8600M GT on Windows Vista. I think I fixed it by using the alt infs with powermizer on. Nevertheless, thanks for helping.

Hi Dox Thanks for the Drivers

These drivers definitely get good performance in far cry 2.

I am running it at 1920 x 1080 most settings on high with about half on very high and it runs at 25-60fps with an average of 40-45fps and very rarely drops under 35 fps. (looks GREAT WAAAAAAAY better than Crysis or WH)

My only problem is I have my laptop connected to an external display, I use a DVI to HDMI connection. The display is a Sony kf55e 55" rear projection television.

Every time I reboot the resolution resets to 640 x480, then when I try and increase the resloution the screen will go blank on both displays and I need to restart. I can ususlly get it to work on the tv eventually by changing random settings.

I have Dell XPS M1730 t9500 2.6GHz Dual core, 4GB RAM, 2 x 8800M GTX in SLI, running XP Pro Sp3.

I am using the alt inf you suggested for sli users.

Despite this problem I will keep using these drivers (I like them that much). The same thing happened with some of your older driver releases, and I generally seem to have problems with the external display with lv2go drivers.

Thanks again people like you help to make my 4k+ laptop way more useful.

hi DOX ...

i felt of little lag with default driver of ur s...

so i installed the moded inf file with powermizer off...''

but now all those services , help files are back .. is there a way to remove them ???

and going to play game and see how this one fairs .. and will let u know bro..

anyway thnks

and also can u help me here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21420

Default INF/ALT+PM ON: Scroll Lag even in 3D High Performance mode (475/400 DDR2), AERO works fine @ 475/400 DDR2 !

ALT+PM OFF: NO Scroll Lag in 3D High Performance mode (475/400 DDR2) but make the GPU hot xD

Can you solve this problem ?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....18637&st=80

hi DOX..thanks so much for the effort for bringing us these drivers..!

this set is not scoring much in the benchmarks, but its very good in real time performance

playing DMC4 and it runs very smoothly, unlike in the 17xx drivers where it would run with high fps, but more stuttering

i'm pretty happy with this release, the only thing i modified for myself was to add a 1176x664 res, coz i find this setting optimal when im playing power-hungry games in my 8600m GT DDR2

thanks again DOX, and more power to you dude! :)

hi guys thanks for all your feedback!

I've made noted on them and hopefully

I am now on vista again :o

which means hopefully means I can solve the issues you face with laggy aero and scroll and more improvements in the vista front!!!, (I dont have aero/ scroll issues btw - using my own 180.43 now).

I've taken XP as far as I can go, now vista will get more attention!

P.J.: the only way to solve aero lag is to use powermizer off hack, its the best since as you say gpu is hot, blame nvidia, i simply provided a work around

Naveen: All help files/ bloat etc is removed on alt inf and default inf :)

wordtothawise: I dont have experience with dual displays, external monitors so I cant really attempt to fix the problem, the problems could be with nvidia drivers themselves........

If poeople donate say sli laptops, all flavours of windows OSs to me and some external monitor for two weeks, then I can sort something out :P

Wulfe: Glad you liking the drivers, I dont particularly do 3d marks with my drivers, but they improve on realworld games :)

Like i say i adjusted image quality settings so things looks a little bit sharper.

I get people telling me omg i lost 100 pts in 3dmarks but i love your gaming performance, but then they say I'm going back to xxxx drivers because i get 200 pts more....

I am now on vista again :o

which means hopefully means I can solve the issues you face with laggy aero and scroll and more improvements in the vista front!!!, (I dont have aero/ scroll issues btw - using my own 180.43 now).

I've taken XP as far as I can go, now vista will get more attention!

YAY..! :)

Thank you for the amazing drivers.

I installed them with default inf and I have increasing speed in AOE3 :) .

But, as P.J wrote, I solving scrolling lag with aero for many month and I don't have any solution yet :P . Can you try solve this problem, because I think, that you right for it :) .

This is not PM problem I think, because with 101.19 drivers is working good, but this drivers is so old.

@ DOX ..

buddy prev when i installed ur drivers and went to see system information in nvdia cpanel there was no file version for library , help files ... but now they are showing it ... thats why i asked...

The fix for FarCry 2 in Comp-Mode works for some driver versions like 180.42, and 180.43

But not with your version. :)

I tried out the default and the alternative inf with same results.

Just a black flipping window in half desktop size.

Other Versions work perfect, what can i do ?

Want to use ur version because of better performance.

Thanks for ur help

3DMark06 (1028x800, no AA) results:

177.66: 2826

177.70: 2844

177.73: 2847

177.79: 2848

177.83: 2851 (version with 177.79 inf)

177.83: 2847 (version with 177.83 inf)

177.89: 2848 (without ogl3 and physx)

177.92: 2851

177.98: 2850

178.13: 2851

178.24: 2851 (Dox's Version)

179.13: 2849

180.42: 2870 thumbsup.gif

180.43: 2857 (Dox's Version)

@ DOX ..

buddy prev when i installed ur drivers and went to see system information in nvdia cpanel there was no file version for library , help files ... but now they are showing it ... thats why i asked...

have you installed another driver before installing this one?

because the help files could be left over from another driver.

I am on vista x86 and trust me there is no help files, its impossible since i deleted them in the driver files folder.

The fix for FarCry 2 in Comp-Mode works for some driver versions like 180.42, and 180.43

But not with your version. :)

I tried out the default and the alternative inf with same results.

Just a black flipping window in half desktop size.

Other Versions work perfect, what can i do ?

Want to use ur version because of better performance.

Thanks for ur help

for now stick to other drivers, or my older releases

Hi dox, i want keep the driver version 169.04 because is the only one that allow me overclock... If i re-install 169.04 version with your modded INF for 180.43 is there a possibility to get your optimizations?

Would me nice have a 169.04 version by Dox, because many user still use it for overclock cards ^^

edit: and what about install the new drivers with the old INF from 169.04 ? should work for overclock ? what i need change in the INF file for complete the setup ?

Edited by ivan86

Guest divxmaster
thanks you so much!!!!! :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

you're great !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, these new drivers are amazing. couldnt play crysis at all on my 8400m gs with 1.77 drivers,

crashed all the time.

These new drivers dont crash, AND I have upped the res to 1024x768 and increased shaders to medium

and it still is smoother than the lower settings on the 1.77 drivers.

Note, this is a on 64MB 8400M gs!!

Hi dox, i made a big jump in upgrading to your 180.43 drivers from 167.xx it runs crysis better without sli enabled but it locks the whole computer up when i shut it down, with sli enabled it gets more fps but with glitchy background (particularly trees) and when i switch the graphics to low then back to high the trees work properly but the performance is worse than it was running without sli BUT it doesnt lock the computer up when i shut crysis down...

I have a dell XPS M1730 with dual 8800M GTX SLi cards running vista home premium (32 bit) 4gb ram.. umm if you need any more info or any ideas what might be causing it let me know your thread "My newest customised drivers are ready.

Its based on official BETA 180.43 which are very new by build date 23/10/2008.All mobile cards are supported from go 6- 9m, however I recommend geforce go 7 and lower users to stick with my 178.24." i assume that 7 and lower means the 7 series of nvidia cards? so i should be all go? i installed with the powermizer on inf too.

Thanks!

P.S so far from the couple games ive tested only warhead makes it lockup

Edited by Axeman666

None of the 180.XX drivers I've tried properly supports multi monitor use.

Every time I reboot my computer both screens will revert to 1280x800 and it will also "forget" that my auxilliary screen should be the primary screen.

Any ideas on how to make multi monitor settings stick after each reboot?

guys who has problems,

please realis that this is based on BETA nvidia drivers so problems will exist,

if you want a stable driver stick to my "old" 178.24.

guys who has problems,

please realis that this is based on BETA nvidia drivers so problems will exist,

if you want a stable driver stick to my "old" 178.24.

yes... and i thought input on problems was a way to help you fix any problems, if we dont tell you dont know, maybe im wrong.. sorry

yah I love feeback!

and thats why my advice is to stick to my good old 178.24 if you have any problems.

Its not related to the inf settings, they are the same since 178.24 apart from small differences with nothing to do with sli, so the problem is with the nvidia drivers themselves.

you are on 8 series gpu so 180.43 but it looks like the driver doesnt fully support sli 100% yet.

Also did you install the driver with the "ALT" inf???

sorry to sound grumpy its early here :)