LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.43

Dox

Dox,

i have a Alienware M17X with 8800m gtx cards. Installed your latest 180.43 drivers with the regular Inf. Where can i download the modded one you mentioned for sli? Did not see where i could down load it on the Nvidia website. Only saw where it was mentioned.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Naveen

• Felzio

• MrNewman

its in the folder Vista_180.43==> ALT inf.

the tha file into the setup files folder.

dox, i can't see anything when i run farcry 2.

i can hear the sound. but no video.

WTF why always FileFront?

AWFUL speed of max 20kb/s!

I HATE IT.

Plz upload the upcoming drivers to other sites or give some mirrors!

What internet provider are you using? I never had any problem with filefront, download takes about 1 second.

I am using cox internet.

Dox maybe im asking too much but can you make your driver compatible with overclock? im 1 of the unlucky guy that can overclock only with 169.04 driver... Is possible edit new driver for allow overclock?

ty

dox, i can't see anything when i run farcry 2.

i can hear the sound. but no video.

its the problem with the drivers (not my fault_

heres a workaround: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=313139

Dox maybe im asking too much but can you make your driver compatible with overclock? im 1 of the unlucky guy that can overclock only with 169.04 driver... Is possible edit new driver for allow overclock?

ty

I cant overclock myself,

but I think since nvidia went to driver 17x.xx + they did something to the driver to "break" overclocking.

Its not really possible to edit drivers to overclock since you'd need the source code which i dont have.

Is it possible to find out the issue about laptops not being able to wake up after sleep (black screen). I have that problem with the 180 drivers.

I can only suggest you upgrade your system bios, make sure you are using your oem chipset drivers,

or stick with drivers supplided for your laptop.

just curious but is there a reason why theres no desktop support? im using a 8600m but modded to show as a 8600GTS so it makes installing drivers less of a hassle.

Guest Xlom3000

I'm running the new macbook pro with a 9600m gt in it which I though I saw listed as a supported driver, but when I ran it, it says The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Guest Shoulin
I'm running the new macbook pro with a 9600m gt in it which I though I saw listed as a supported driver, but when I ran it, it says The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Hey man you just need to add your hardware ID to the inf

for my (new MBP 9600m GT 256mb it is.)

%NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0647.1% = nv_G9x_HD, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647

.. this is for the base model MBP with the 256mb video ram, if you have the 512 version it may be diff.

dox can i install this driver ?? coz i was haing problem with vista lag...

is there any performance increase with this driver ???

andhow does this driver differ from other two of ur Forceware 178.24 and Forceware 178.13

we are having loads of confusion with which driver to select.. please start a thread to explain which drive rto use and which one to choose .... thnks a lot for releaseing drivers bro..and by the way we all feel that filefront is giving loads of problem to many .. can u upload to other sites .. releiable sites where we can easily download like mentioned above mediafire , or even torrent... hi :-)

Hey man you just need to add your hardware ID to the inf

for my (new MBP 9600m GT 256mb it is.)

%NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0647.1% = nv_G9x_HD, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647

.. this is for the base model MBP with the 256mb video ram, if you have the 512 version it may be diff.

I'll add that id to next release, there seems to be two diff 9600MGT, thanks

dox can i install this driver ?? coz i was haing problem with vista lag...

is there any performance increase with this driver ???

andhow does this driver differ from other two of ur Forceware 178.24 and Forceware 178.13

we are having loads of confusion with which driver to select.. please start a thread to explain which drive rto use and which one to choose .... thnks a lot for releaseing drivers bro..and by the way we all feel that filefront is giving loads of problem to many .. can u upload to other sites .. releiable sites where we can easily download like mentioned above mediafire , or even torrent... hi :-)

sure you can install this driver,

but its not essential, I'm not sure whats the best drivers, but im using this on vista also.

There are download links called mirrors which you can download to media fire.

This driver has fixes for laggy aero.

just curious but is there a reason why theres no desktop support? im using a 8600m but modded to show as a 8600GTS so it makes installing drivers less of a hassle.

I didnt think anyone woud be interested in my custom drivers when desktop support is given already by nvidia!

besides all the other modded drivers floating around...

dox just tell me that anything this driver brings in new tha nthe one i am having now ... 178.13

nothing majorly new, just the usaull changes i make to the official drivers.

only thing different is I changed the quality settings so the textures looks sharper :)

and the "resolutions table" is more refined, thats about all that is different.

if you are happy with 178.13 dont update,

if you like to always have the most up to date drivers install these,

its up to you

what driver version are you using (OS)?

install the driver with the alt inf if you have issues.

Im on vista and its in there

Do these drivers use powermizer?

Also does anyone know how much performance boost there is in FC2 from Dox's 178.13/24?

Edited by Au_Xtr3me

yes these include powermizer, and alternative infs to disable them

DOX

you rock dude...

the driver is just awesome ... i OC`d more and still the temp is stable...

and lag is gone and performance wise its good too.. i feel i get a extra 1-2 FPS ... may be subjective .... but thnks bro...

DOX one question though .. why cant we also include signed version , i mean cant u chage , alter and make ur driver a signed one ???