LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.43

Dox

yah I love feeback!

and thats why my advice is to stick to my good old 178.24 if you have any problems.

Its not related to the inf settings, they are the same since 178.24 apart from small differences with nothing to do with sli, so the problem is with the nvidia drivers themselves.

you are on 8 series gpu so 180.43 but it looks like the driver doesnt fully support sli 100% yet.

Also did you install the driver with the "ALT" inf???

sorry to sound grumpy its early here :)

Yep i installed it with powermizo on twice just to be sure but its only crysis giving me grief and ive played that game enough so i guess ill stick with it till i try fallout 3 far cry 2 and dead space if i get issues with them i will try the 178.24 drivers.

other than the aforementioned issue with crysis im very impressed with the leap in performance i have gained in every other game i dont know what it is you do but its good :)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Naveen

• Felzio

• MrNewman

Guest Urthwhyte
thats one of the ways i try and eliminate aero lag...

I understand that, but is there any way I can reenable it as I've never suffered from the Aero lag problem and having it downclock all the way gets me from 30-45 minutes of extra battery life. Your 178.24s do downclock but the performance with your 180.43's is roughly 20-25% better in Far Cry 2 so I really don't want to have to switch back, anyways great job with the drivers and keep up the good work, powermizer working or not.

ok to make it clear, are your clocks not going down to low perf level

for me my clocks are

500/800 = hi 3d perf

275/300= low 3d perf

200/100 = 2d pef

which level are you meaning?? (just to be clear)

ok to make it clear, are your clocks not going down to low perf level

for me my clocks are

500/800 = hi 3d perf

275/300= low 3d perf

200/100 = 2d pef

which level are you meaning?? (just to be clear)

I'm referring to the 2d performance level which Rivatuner says has 182.25 Core MHz clock for ROP, 364.50 MHz for Core clock for shaders and 601.71 Memory clock.

Thanks again for the great drivers!

hi dox. will there be any update for this version again where powermizer will be switched on while on battery mode and off when on AC? looking forward for ur new driver version. good job Dox!!!

the next release will be based on WHQL nvidia drivers, when ever thats out my ones will be.

I probably wont be releasing more drivers based on BETA drivers again thats for sure.

Hi Dox.

First of all, thanks for create this topic and for your great work on nvidia's drivers.

I'd like to help a little bit.

Just to make clear.

My vga is a 8600M GT GDDR3 256MB

2d perf: 100/169

3d low perf: 275/301

3d high perf: 475/700

1. PowerMizer Switch (http://www.box.net/shared/qieikpcg8g) thanks to xsmile and kenside34

powermizer.jpg

You can choose with you want PowerMizer alway ON; OFF in AC/mode and ON in Battery/mode, or always OFF.

You need to restart to apply the changes. Actually it's just a simple way to edit the registry with a GUI.

Maybe you could include this in your next releases.

2. DH nVidia Mobility Modder (http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php)

This is a good tool that can mod any INF. You can choose with you want to add mobile tweaks, quadro tweaks... maybe there is something good that you could use in your modded INF too.

3. As UrthWhyte said, the 180's only downclocks to 3d low perf... I know that this solve the aero laggy, but we need an option to downclock to 2d perf.

I'm using an ASUS G2S and I have Power4Gear Extreme, that controls my profiles: High Performance, Entertainment, Quiet Office, Battery Saving. When I put in Battery Saving mode, it automatically turn off aero... so I wouldn't need the 3d low perf, I'll need 2d perf to optimize the battery saving.

I've tried to use RivaTuner v2.11, but I can't change the 3d low perf, only 3d high and 2d perf. The minimum value for 3d high is 240/350.

So, until now, my situation is like this:

PowerMizer OFF on AC/mode, ON on Battery/mode.

So, in AC/mode, the computer starts 475/700. To make changes, I created 3 profiles in RivaTuner, that allows me to change with a simple click. Quiet(240/350), Normal(475/700), Overclock (570/810). To be perfect the only thing that is missing is the possibility to downclock more than 240/350 in 3d high perf in RivaTuner.

4. I tested all your releases and the "normal" beta releases. For playing new games as Far Cry 2, the best driver for me is yours 180.43. But, I'm a huge CSS player. In CSS, the best driver for me is the "normal" 180.42. I'll have a championship online next weekend, so I'll have to use the 180.42. I'd like to ask you with you could optimize the 180.42 version, 'cause I'm sure that will be the "Counter-Strike: Source BEST Driver". A lot of friends of mine tested this driver (180.42) in CSS, and ALL of them agree with me. So... maybe you could help me.. actually...everybody hehe :)

Thanks again!

Edited by MeGa.BR

ok thanks for the info,

1) I'v known about about this "powermizer switch" for a while :)

The powermizer setting I use in my drivers have been the same from 178.24 and 180.43, its the same!

So that clearly shows a bug in the drivers which only nvidia can address... only good thing is that it helps with aero hence why i released the driver (one of the reasons anyway)

I'm not 100% agree with the settings in that app...

If you like to go to low 2d stick with 178.24.

2) DH mod tools, I've seen the tweaks they put into there and its near enough an exact copy of what is find on our own modded infs by pieter....

I dont see how adding "mobile" tweaks on desktop optimised drivers has any real effect.

I have added smartdimmer page to the nvidia control panel but it has NO effect when I move the sliders, when I look into the .dll they are just simply left behind code and not used.

My inf is based on nvidia's: I match the desktop "core" to the mobile "core" so it should help with stability.

I modify the resolutions (refrsh rates, add extras etc etc), add performance tweaks, compatibility tweaks, image quality enhancements and remove all the bloat that comes with nvidia's drivers......

3) explained earlier that its a bug in the driver not my inf settings.

and good luck on CSS

ok thanks for the info,

1) I'v known about about this "powermizer switch" for a while :)

The powermizer setting I use in my drivers have been the same from 178.24 and 180.43, its the same!

So that clearly shows a bug in the drivers which only nvidia can address... only good thing is that it helps with aero hence why i released the driver (one of the reasons anyway)

I'm not 100% agree with the settings in that app...

If you like to go to low 2d stick with 178.24.

Alright, I've switched to playing Dead Space for the time being and rolled back to 178.24 until the next release with working Powermizer or I beat Dead Space. Thanks for the quick support and confirmation that it's a 180.43 bug and not an inf bug/intentional change.

Hi, first of all thanks for that driver...but, when i try to install it and choose the folder 'setup files' and klick ok, the result is, that its not gonna be installed and say the newest driver is allready installed. thats impossible because i deinstalled the whole old driver files. any suggestions. thanks

have you tried to install with setup.exe which is inside the setup files folder?

if you have then you might want to install using this method:

Vista : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

XP: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Guest thegreatsquare

These drivers are awesome. SLI 8600m GT 460/1150/725 + T7250 2GHz = 7900 on 3dm06 in xp

I really would like to try these on my sli desktop [vista 64], is there another modded inf I can use to get it to run? If so, which? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I've notice one little issue thats popped up and I'm not sure if it applies to everyone but,

When I enter standby mode my laptop refuses to exit it, a problem that I had with 178.24 but not 178.13, and it is not an issue for hibernaton.

Can you tell me if this is a driver related bug or a change in the INF that causes the problem? Is it possible for you to fix it?

PS don't stress over it, I usually use hibernate over standby

PPS I really appreciate your efforts!

this is a driver releated bug and not INF related

the changes I make to the drivers are noted on the first post.

If did do something addtional to the driver like standby bug fix then it would be noted.

have you tried to install with setup.exe which is inside the setup files folder?

if you have then you might want to install using this method:

Vista : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

XP: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

o.O xD no i didnt, i just went over hardware manager and tried to update manually...

maybe thats why it doesnt work. I'll try simply to install over this setup file u wrote...

ill post my results later, when im home.

Before installing these drivers, I could come out of sleep mode just fine. After installing these though, nothing will display on my screen after coming awake from sleep mode. Any reason why this happens?
I am having the exact same problem!

<- My laptop specs are on my profile to the left.

this is a driver releated bug and not INF related
Okay, so you're saying that it's a driver related bug, and that I should use your previous 178.24 driver build instead? Edited by Triple_Dude

Okay, so you're saying that it's a driver related bug, and that I should use your previous 178.24 driver build instead?

yes, if you want to

I have the 9800GX2, can i install those drivers?

Thanks

desktop cards are ot supported

Dox, you said that you recommended GeForce 7 and under users to use your 178.24. I know on the NVIDIA.com website it says 178.24 is latest for 7 series. Would anything bad happen if i run 180.43 on my card and did it run faster than your 178.24? From that I think that you meant that 180.43 may not be as "stable" for 7 series and under users right?

Edited by Shaythong

allright, everything is right now...works well and easily installed. was simply my fault :) good job ^^

Is the only difference between your releases and sideband releases is yours support laptops and his support desktop gpus? Also he claims u have stolen his inf or w/e so if its not true could you please state what is different between his and your releases ty.

lol,

how can someone claim i stolen an inf?

I dont even know who sideband is?

I don't know whats different to mine compared to his.

I've started modding infs for clevo laptops, I then had interest from people from other laptops, hence why i started releasing drivers for all laptops.

My clevo infs were optimised, I disabled nvidia display drier service and nvmctray from startup and added some enhancements.

When I jumped to all latops the other logical step was to see If i could optimise more, which I have....

Next release I'll probably support all cards: desktop and laptop, since its the next logicol step.

*googles*

haha, He claimes I stolen his inf and modded it.

How old is this guy...

I'm not taken it any further if he wants to come here and chat about it fine, to make false acusations behind my back really says something about his character :)

regards