LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Dox

Forceware 180.43

Mushu

Well I think this sideband thinks that because you have those DirectX optimizations and removed some files and stuff and he must've did those too he must've thought you took his ideas/stole the inf. But anyways, excellent drivers. :)

MrNewman

Ok, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modded drivers, I've been doing some reasearch and I hear vista x64 will not allow you to install unsigned drivers. What I want to know is if I can install these on a stock 64-bit version of vista?

Edited by MrNewman

Dox

yes you can install these.

un boot up tap F8 and choose disable driver signiture enforcement

kecinzer

Dox:

It's any way to install your drivers on desktop GF8800 GS? I love your drivers on NB, and I want to install it on my desktop too :) .

MrNewman
yes you can install these.

un boot up tap F8 and choose disable driver signiture enforcement

Does this mean i have to press F8 every boot up, I knew about the whole F8 thing but was worried about having to press F8 every startup.

Dox

only once before you install the drivers

after that its normal (no need to press f8 until you update your drivers again)

MrNewman
only once before you install the drivers

after that its normal (no need to press f8 until you update your drivers again)

Ok, other users have told me otherwise but I guess your the expert and creator of these godly custom drivers.

Dox

Basically vista 64 has this security thing where it freaks out if a driver is unsigned (its to stop people installng non 64 bit drivers etc).

SO to get around that F8 etc etc.

But once the driver is installed no need to keep doing it :)

regards

MrNewman
Basically vista 64 has this security thing where it freaks out if a driver is unsigned (its to stop people installng non 64 bit drivers etc).

SO to get around that F8 etc etc.

But once the driver is installed no need to keep doing it :)

regards

I don't see why people complain about custom drivers not working, it seems so easy.

Dox
Dox:

It's any way to install your drivers on desktop GF8800 GS? I love your drivers on NB, and I want to install it on my desktop too :) .

next release will include destop support amongst other little surprises.

MeGa.BR

ATTENTION!!

For those that use 64bit... you DON'T need to press F8 and disable the driver signiture enforcement to install nvidia modded driver.

This is necessary only for a few drivers from other hardwares, some softwares and if you want to patch some system driver, like usb polling rate, tcp half open connections...

To install the display driver with modded inf, you can install normally.

But don't forget to do a clean install. This is for all OS. First uninstall, reboot in safe mode, use Driver Sweeper or DriverCleaner.NET, than reboot and install the new driver.

Works perfectly!

PS: For those x64 users that installed some unsigned driver, you need to press F8 on EVERY boot, not only once as was mentioned.

But, there are 2 softwares to "fix" this, choose only ONE: (The second one is my choice).

1. Install ReadyDriverPlus. This is a software that makes this part (disable the driver signiture enforcement) automatically on every boot.

2. Install Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider. This is a software that you can "sign" a driver as a system driver... so your "unsigned"driver will be recognized as a signed system driver, and it's done. You can choose a test mode first to test the stability of the "new" driver, and after sign as a system driver. Works like a charm.

:) :):D:D

I hope I made everything clear.

Thanks again Dox for the good work! :P

Edited by MeGa.BR

kecinzer
next release will include destop support amongst other little surprises.

OK, that is enough for me, I'll be waiting.

Guest Marucins

3D Mark 06

SM2.0 Sc: 2110

HDR/SM3.0 Sc: 2070

CPU Sc: 1933

XPS M1710

*IntelĀ® Core?2 CPU T7600G @ 2.33GHz

*NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX (575/600 @ 570/595)

*2 x 2.0 GB 667.0 MHz

Windows Vista ? Business x86 (Version 6.0.6001) Service Pack 1 (v1.0)

DirectX 10.0 (4.09.00.0904)

5162gy1.th.jpgthpix.gif

Marucins

Guest John

Hey Dox does you driver support CUDA apps? I am trying to run tmpgenc express 4.0 but keep getting an error

cudaerror_t=2

35748b70-cbe7-4484-8cef-6413cfba7a58

Is this anything to do with your changes?

Dox

hi john,

I havent done anything to the cuda.dll or made tweaks relating to cuda, you should try and use another driver on this site or try my 178.24 which is more stable than these.

johnyd
hi john,

I havent done anything to the cuda.dll or made tweaks relating to cuda, you should try and use another driver on this site or try my 178.24 which is more stable than these.

Dont worry Im just an idiot, the program doesnt actually support the 8x00 series, it only says that it had issues with the 8800gts/gtx but it doesnt like any of them for cuda.

Guest FAK

Unable to download XP_180.43.exe and MIRROR on mediafire is wrong, it links to Vista version :-(((

Can someone please give me another link?

Dox

mirror fixed please try now

rittchard

I'm kind of new to the mod driver world so please bear with me.

Should these drivers work with the new Macbook/Macbook Air series using the 9400m? I see 9400m listed as supported but when I tried to install last night the GPU was unrecognized.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Dox

hi, what OS version are you trying to install?

Do you know how to find your Device ID? ( It is needed to add support for your card).

Download GPU Z and run it. It will give you your device ID (make sure a graphics driver is installed first though)

rittchard
hi, what OS version are you trying to install?

Do you know how to find your Device ID? ( It is needed to add support for your card).

Download GPU Z and run it. It will give you your device ID (make sure a graphics driver is installed first though)

Thanks! I just got home to check on this.

I'm on Windows XP 32 bit

Device ID says 10DE-0870

GPU 0870 Revision B1

Tucson

TY Dox's for this ... I was looking for these drivers for my 9600m for a while Now...

As for X64 I installed this without problem so I dont understand why you need all these program to bypass ? I have Vista Ultimate X64 and I can ignore Driver Verification during instalation.... So im confiused... lol

Thanks again

Ian

Dox
Thanks! I just got home to check on this.

I'm on Windows XP 32 bit

Device ID says 10DE-0870

GPU 0870 Revision B1

thanks,

will add support for it next release.

Triple_Dude
Okay, so you're saying that it's a driver related bug, and that I should use your previous 178.24 driver build instead?

yes, if you want to

Hey Dox, I'm using your 178.24 version without a hitch! Thanks a lot :) ! The computer comes out of standby perfectly with 178.24... Now, do you have any ideas why it doesn't work with your 180.43 drivers? Maybe not fixes, but at least some ideas?

Dox

because this is based on a beta driver.

it doesnt have to pass testing from microsoft, so nvidia can release it and you are using under own risk and things like this may not work.

For me it works though :)

For you it doesnt, its one of those things.

for now enjoy the 178.24 and next release should be out around two weeks time or when ever NV releaes the new drivers.