LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with installing driver

countryboy

I was linked here from notebookreview so I'm not exactly sure where I ended up but I sure could use some help. I have a new Dell Studio 15 that has a Dell 1510 wireless card that I have been having trouble with, after an hour or so I seem to loose the internet connection but I have a strong network signal and if I run Diagnose and repair it still shows I have an internet connection. In the notebookreview forum I was linked here to upgrade to the newest Broadcom driver hoping that would fix the problem.

So I downloaded the 943xx v5.10.38.14 driver to my desktop and extracted it and noticed their is a Vista folder within it which is what I need. So how do I go about updating this driver to my Dell 1510 card?

In the notebookreview forum I was told that Dell half-mini wireless card's have problems so this driver update might not fix the problem so if it didn't I should install an Intel 5100 AGN half-mini card or Intel AGN half-mini card and this would fix the problem, do you agree?