LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Any suggestions for 7150m for WoW?

Maarij

anyone have any suggestions? currently i'm using 177.92 but i've tried out a couple others. usually im around 25-32 fps. I remember the first driver i dled got me up to like upper 40's and upper 50s sometimes when i was playing in a zone where it was pretty much me mostly but i forgot which driver this was on my search for better ones x.x

Edited by Maarij

This currently is the best overall driver for your card. For that game, I'm not particularly sure, but 25--32 fps is more than playable but if you want higher then I guesss you can use the previous ones. Also, I strongly reccommend you use XP instead of Vista as Vista gives numerous problems with your card.

yea, i've read that a lot but so far i haven't really found any besides the gpu dropping it's fps once the gpu temp hits 94. once that happens the fps would also drop to like 10 but the funny thing is that i installed windows live onecare cause i read somewhere that it fixes the problem and it did. idk how it did because as far as i could tell, there was nothign special onecare did that tuneup 2008 can't do or avg can't do

Your GPU temps should never go over 85-90C. Your system is just downclocking to protect itself from gpu damage. I recommend you clean out your fans to lower the temp or if not, call the manufacturer to replace the malfunctioning part/s.

oh...i heard it happens to pretty much all hps cause they have bad circulation for gpu. especially the dv2000 series likes

I never read that before that would be a major inconvenience if it were true. I don't think it would raise the temps that high though but from what you said I could be wrong.

well i don't know about all but i know it's a lot that have 7150m and hp.anyways, any idea on how onecare fixed things?? how does it keep the gpu from getting hotter than 90 when it has no control over that stuff.

I think OneCare just cleans out your system and checks for viruses, registry errors, junk files, and so on that might make your system slow and optimize the speed on your system and maybe sometimes reduce your temp level because it cleaned out those useless junk files.

i hadn't run the tune up option in it though and it was already working :s. i had run tuneup 2008 fully before it though and the temp was still going up high