LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer 8600m gt 256mb ddr2 bios?

cscfounder

Hello guys.

İ just bought a 8600m gt 256mb ddr2 for my acer 5520g 402 laptop (it has 128mb 8400m g) from e-bay. When i installed new card to my laptop, screen goes white with some colorful lines on it but windows boots and opens. Because of the white fullscreen, i don't see a thing. I just blind flashed Acer 8600m gt 512mb bios to my card but it didn't change a thing.

Also when i install my old card (8400m g), laptop didn't boot at all :) :)

Where i can find a working bios for Acer 8600m gt 256mb ddr2 or what is the problem?

Edited by cscfounder

have a look here, http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ if you can't find the 256 MB one, email me @ morrismurphy@gmail.com I am off to bed right now. i will email to you back with the bios attachment asap

I do own a 8600m gt from acer

i've already looked there and can't find 256mb acer bios. 512mb acer bioses couldn't solve my problem.

Thanks.

wow, fast reply, anyways, i have one in one of my flash drives, I will email it to you, email me first. as soon as I see the inbox tomorrow, i will put it in the attachment for you

but don't get your hopes up, i think you have a low chance to blind flash your 8600m gt right now, since you use a 8400 bios, different card and not to mention, different core and different settings, you might not even able to boot woth the 8600m gt. try it now, see if you can get into the windows, if not, you need to get a new card.

wow, fast reply, anyways, i have one in one of my flash drives, I will email it to you, email me first. as soon as I see the inbox tomorrow, i will put it in the attachment for you

but don't get your hopes up, i think you have a low chance to blind flash your 8600m gt right now, since you use a 8400 bios, different card and not to mention, different core and different settings, you might not even able to boot woth the 8600m gt. try it now, see if you can get into the windows, if not, you need to get a new card.

as i mentioned before, i can boot with 8600gt. Also windows xp boots. But a screen problem occurs, and i don't understand why? When i open run my laptop, it gives a copmlete white screen? i think the 512mb bioses aren't compatible with 256mb cards. Also i can't find a way to edit 512mb bios to reduce its ram size with nibitor.

use the bios I emailed you, so you don't screw up your card like I did(i tried using even just the difference of 8600m gt to 8700m gt device id, makes the entire machine un-bootable) I am getting a replacement shipped to me soon, I just wondered why you did not get the ones with Acer bios pre programmed?

• 2 years later...
Guest Ralph Lee

as i mentioned before, i can boot with 8600gt. Also windows xp boots. But a screen problem occurs, and i don't understand why? When i open run my laptop, it gives a copmlete white screen? i think the 512mb bioses aren't compatible with 256mb cards. Also i can't find a way to edit 512mb bios to reduce its ram size with nibitor.

Guest Ralph Lee

Hello cscfounder, just wondering if you might happen to still have the 8600m GT 256mb vbios from Morris? I'm having trouble contacting him about it.

Kind regards,

Ralph