LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Brightness problem, windows xp, GF 8400m GS (HP Pavilion)

kucyk

Hello,

i have problem with GF 8400m GS on windows xp. I can't increase or deacrease level of brightness

(FN keys on Pavilion 6625ew).

Could u help me?

I've got the same problem, and I have no idea what is causing this one. Just change your driver - some do allow you to change brightness, some don't.

You may also want to check this thread:

Trying to solve the Brightness Problem for SONY, SAMSUNG, LENOVO, HP and TOSHiBA users

Pozdro

Edited by Claw

Wait for BIOS update if its not already deployed. HP pavilion dv5 had the same problem until F.0B A BIOS.

Wait for BIOS update if its not already deployed. HP pavilion dv5 had the same problem until F.0B A BIOS.

wow where can i download bios?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-62510-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&os=228&product=3562293

?

I forgot about it: before the windows start i can increase/decrease brightness, but after that windows run (desktop and icons are loaded) i can't control brightness...

You can probably try the 174.74 or 178.13 or even 177.92. One should work.

I do also believe there is a section in the inf called enable brightness control. If the value is set to anything besides 2, then change it to 2. I believe this should work.

ok, i managed with it. The solution is new drivers: HP Quick Launch Buttons from:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us〈=en&dlc=en&product=1842155#

Thanks! :)