LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8400M GS heavy confusion! help!

imamazed

I've just been given an ACER ASPIRE 7220G (Dual Core 2 processor, 2 GB RAM DDR2, GeForce 8400M GS 256MB card) and I picked up Far Cry as I never completed it ages ago. But I stuck it in, and it was just blue fog - on all graphical settings. I found an updated driver (156.55) on the official acer website, and this made interiors OK - but only on low settings. Even then, all land and water is see through.

I can't find any other compatible drivers though for my laptop! There must be another driver that will fix this? It should work fine. Thief 3, my only other game, seems to work fine. But I really want to play far cry. Anyone know of any other drivers? I've searched this site and been unfruitful.

Thanks very much

Edited by imamazed

156.55 if very old driver. Try to update to latest driver like this one (178.15) 8400GS Vista 32-bit this is for 32-bit version of windows..which i think thats the one you have since you din't write your windows version.. I have this driver for my Vista ultimate 64-bit and it works great on my 8400GS

-EDIT

Remember to follow the INSTRUCTIONS when downloading so that it would be compatible with your laptop..

Edited by Human

Thanks for the advice - I shall try updating Far Cry first. For the record, I do have 32 bit Vista. A lot of drivers say they are compatible with my card, but none have even mentioned acer, and none were actually compatable.

EDIT - it appears that driver you listed does not support the 8400M GS just the 8400GS

EDIT - the Far Cry patch seems to have done the trick graphically. However, I ventured on to the second island, just after the first group of soldiers, and it froze and said "FarCry has stop working". No idea how to combat that. However, it seemed to be running fairly smoothly at medium settings, anyone think my CPU could hack high?

Edited by imamazed

EDIT - it appears that driver you listed does not support the 8400M GS just the 8400GS

mmm I see. Well on this site the only results i found for the 8400M was on this LINK

Try and see whether it will work or not and let me know