LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Earlie MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 8600GT 256MB

Mio

Hi guys, I have an Earlie MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 8600GT 256MB, ive tried to download the newest driver from this site, but I get the error by I dont have any hardware which support this?

is there a hacked driver for my MBP???

And is it possible to OC the 8600GT?

I really appreciate, if somebody can help.

the same page where you downloaded the driver from, download the 'modified inf' file as well. then copy that to the folder where the driver is kept. when prompted to overwrite select yes. Then then installer will have support for your 8600m GT

Every time I read one of this questions I remember the several hours I had to invest on reading different parts of this site before I learned how it worked... And that is how the cookie crumbles.

I got an odd problem, when I did download the newest driver from this site, and downloaded det modified *inf file.

Its installed, but after restart I got an error telling me that the Nvidia Control Panel dosent work anymore, ill try to reinstall the driver again and see if happend again.

other than that Ill try to make a benchmark again and went from 29xxx 3dmark to 28xxx :) this is in 2001.

uninstall the driver, restart and install it again. must have conflicting versions of forceware