LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need help with my geforce 7400

MehuL

Hey ppl

i am a total noob when it comes to cards and stuff

I have a Geforce 7400 on my hp pavillion and well i just cant play ne games on it ....

Crysis ... i get an fps of 5 on lowest

Fifa 09 ... way slow

Far cry 2 .... sloooooowww

I havet he 84.56 drivers taht came with the laptop and i tried looking for the updates but there arent ne

And i have no idea which updates i should get from here

I basically need to be able to play these games .....

Pls help

Thnx

Hey thnx for the advice

nething i can do to up the detail and not buy a new card :)

what is overclock and how is it done ?

and can it screw up stuff on my comp ??

Overclocking is tuning your card's clocks up so they work faster, providing better performance in games. This is a too long story for me to write in a single post, but there are countless tutorials on the Internet. Unless you mess with card's voltages it's rather safe for your comp.

k thx .... i'll look it up

I installed the drivers and now am getting an fps of 13 on far cry 2

Ne other ideas taht my help boost it up a bit ??

Ne other ideas taht my help boost it up a bit ??

I don't think FC2 will go any much faster on your card, but let's try the overclocking I mentioned.

Get the RivaTuner from my signature. Install, run it. Click the triangle button in the ForceWare detected area, next System settings. You'll see 3 sliders. Those adjust frequencies of your GPU. Increase them step-by-step, slowly (10-20MHz), and run a benchmark or a very demanding game and test for a few minutes if it's stable. If it hangs up or you'll see any graphic artifacts, you should revert to the previous setting. Also, download GPU-Z and monitor your temperatures. GPU temperature generally shouldn't go over 90 Celsius degrees, but it can withstand even 30 degrees more without any harm.