LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM Upgrade

Guest Kaelos

Ok, have a m5750, currently with a ATI x1800. I want to upgrade to the nvidia 8600 GS we just bought.

There was an error when we put the 8600 in and tried to install the drivers, I can't remember what it was, wondering if anyone knows. It loaded fine until a certain point and said that something wouldn't let the driver install.

did it say your card is not supported by this driver?

download the driver and modified inf file from this site. extract the driver to a folder, then copy the modified inf file to that same folder. when prompted to overwrite say yes. then run setup.exe with no issues.

agp hotfix on an mxm card that ONLY is PCIE?!?!?!

agp hotfix on an mxm card that ONLY is PCIE?!?!?!

Ah, sorry. I was mixing up again.

Ok, have a m5750, currently with a ATI x1800. I want to upgrade to the nvidia 8600 GS we just bought.

There was an error when we put the 8600 in and tried to install the drivers, I can't remember what it was, wondering if anyone knows. It loaded fine until a certain point and said that something wouldn't let the driver install.

Hi Kaelos,

Sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I have an Amilo A1667 with an ATI x700 which is not working properly. The purpose of my reply is, 1. Your ATI 1800 I believe can work in my Amilo. 2. If so , are you prepared to sell it to me, How much?? 3. Have you a working lesser card to sell so that I can boot up my laptop again. Please reply either way to chris.c@talk21.com .

Many thanks for your help Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kaelos

would you be so kindest to access the my hive area for alienware and download the latest available bios for your system, this may also help with your problem. The only one I can find is 1.19w and I'm sure there has to be an updated release. If you can do this please send me a copy to jaseyfacey@yahoo.com

cheers