LaptopVideo2Go Forums

OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP

Pistino01

hi guys . so im having problems with the temperature on my NEW 1month 15days old notebook (see specs) it was all right when i bought it butafter a month or so games started to lagg on it and it was qite warm . temps : GPU 50 idle / 80 gaming , HDD number one 40 , second 50 , CPU 50 gaming / 40 idle 1st core 24 idle 2nd core 40 idle . idle and CPU voltage is 1.2 . i dont think that this is normal in fact i know its not . im using 179.13 driver for my GPU from this site (alienware one) .

Those temperatures are among the lowest published here when gaming...

but when it was new the temps were atleast 10 degrees celsius lower. any idea whats the cause??

1) dust inside the heatsink restricting air flow.

2) old age. anything over a month will start to perish. and the contact between heatsink and CPU is probably not as good as it once was. this is normal and if really concerned then apply new thermal paste between heatsink and CPU