LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m gt, 3d games always slows down with modded driver

Guest Presbiter

Guest Presbiter

hello guys, i need your help please.

i've got an acer aspire 5920 notebook and with every driver i've downloaded from here, my 3d games slows down after a while. when i switch to desktop and back to game, then it works fine again for some minutes. only my forceware driver from acer works fine, but this is the 156.72 and really outdated and its performance is really crap.

so if anyone could help me, it would be very nice.

regards

pres :)

I think it might be PowerMizer... Try disabling it. Download the PowerMizer Switch tool from my sig.

Edited by Claw

Guest Presbiter
I think it might be PowerMizer... Try disabling it. Download the PowerMizer Switch tool from my sig.

thanks for the fast answer. what exactly should i do with that programm?

you may want to try RMclock. THrottles up the CPU to max speed all the time. THis heats up the CPU and makes the fan in your system run more often in turn cooling down your heatsink which is directly connected to your GPU. Make sure you tick or untick these boxes, and for the tab: /management set all for maximum performance

screen.jpg

I have to reject all the replys here, absolutely unrelated to the issues. and seriously, why talk about RMclock, it is used for CPUs not the video card.

this is the G84 material issues nvidia was having, the newer drivers downclocks the video card after certain amount of heat, to keep the core from decading.

you can use the rivatuner force constant performence, or you can use older drivers around 16x.xx, but any 17x.xx or higher will have this problem.

disabling powermizer does not help.

Morris Lee