LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Could you help me find a BIOS download

Guest dragger

Guest dragger

I urgently need a BIOS firmware for my Acer Aspire 4330. The official ftp of acer does not contain any BIOS download for this model, could anyone help me out here? Thank you for your time and efforts.

Weird question: are you sure it's and Acer Aspire ? Or could it be an Acer Travelmate 4330 ?

In case its an aspire 4330 Acer doesn't offer a new bios (yet) so you will have to be patient....

You could try to find out if the motherboard used in your model is used in other laptops and see if another manufacturer has a newer bios for that model, but I strongly advise you to wait as some features may be based on your specific laptop.

Guest dragger

It is for sure Aspire 4330=) I bought it in the US. The thing is that now it is dead, i.e. it does not show anything when you turn it on. Power indicator light goes on but the notebook does not boot, the screen is black, that's it. A friend recommended to use the-so-called crysis disk to recover BIOS, and now I am searching for the BIOS file. I don't need a fresh BIOS, just any working one which would be compatible with my laptop.

• 1 month later...
Guest Darth_Rock
Tried taking it to an ACER service point near you? (you do have warranty right?)

Take it in and ask them to not only repair the BIOS but also give you one as a flashfile :)

I have the Acer 4330 and have contacted Acer... Even though my system is still under warrenty, they want me not only to pay to ship it in to them in Temple, Tx, but also want $125.00 to fix my BIOS... screw them... if I could find the specs on this bloody thing, I rip it apart and pull the CMOS battery and start from scratch myself. I too am not please with the supposed 'tech support/assistance' of Acer. I've tried over two months everyday to get a live person on the phone to finally be told that I have to pay to have my bios reset... screw that crap...

• 9 months later...

I have one also. yes its a Acer Aspire 4330. Mine wont load the Bios at all, screen lights up from dos, but nothing else. any one know any KEY combonations to get the bois to reset with out spending more then the laptops worth to get it fixed