LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer 5920g gpu will not overclock

anubas

got an acer 5920g laptop been trying to overclock my gpu 8600m gs using riva tuner. when i overclock and i shut down rivatuner the settings go back I'm using 177.73 drivers. I have tried using the search option with out any luck

use driver sweeper to clean out ALL the nvidia drivers, the install the lastest one, it should work.

I have used driver cleaner every time I install new drivers and it still does not work, will try driver sweeper

thanks

try the older drivers 16X.XX (let X=numbers)

it worked for me...the new drivers are not good at overclocking i personally think but they have better fps for games

or u can try to overclokc it manually by booting into user adminstrator and change some values in a file....i cant find the link for you..its on this site...try cheking the forums etc or hope that an user on thei site will post it.it should work but i havent tried it.

mhd,

I have downloaded and installed driver sweeper but it keeps giving an error, "cannot create file.... access denied".I'm logged on as the Adm though. I have also tried 169.44 drivers after using driver cleaner pro, river tuner will still not work any more ideas. have also tried turning on "Apply overclocking at Windows startup". in river tuner

Edited by anubas

i have this laptop too!!the only way to overclock it is to install 169.04 drivers but its much better to install latest drivers for gaming!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest acegruver
i have this laptop too!!the only way to overclock it is to install 169.04 drivers but its much better to install latest drivers for gaming!!!!

try to flashin vga vios. searc for google vga bios update. you'll find how to do it.

I've 8600m gs. With 179.14 3200 scores in 3d mark 2006. normaly 2400-2500. Mine is ddr2

• 2 months later...