LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Poor performance on battery

alabhya

I have a Dell XPS m1530, 8600m GT card 256MB with vista 32-bit.

I was experiencing a fluctuating frame rate while playing FIFA 09 even at the lowest possible settings(57-60 n sometimes 50). So today, i tried the LV2GO drivers. First i tried 180.43 (mistake i know). It made the FPS worse.Then i removed it using Add/Remove from control panel.Next, i tried 175.97. This was giving me a constant FPS of 30 only.Again removed it.This i did by using the Driver Cleaner after Add/Remove... So i just decided to revert to the original driver i had ( the current official Dell one 176.44)

But now..when i play games on AC its like what i had initially. However on switching to battery, the fps falls drastically. This didn't happen before. Can using the driver cleaner be the reason?

Any help?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by alabhya

There are those 178.24 drivers customized by Dox, with a few performance tweaks. They should give you some better performance. If you don't care that much how long will your lappy work on battery, then you might download the version that disables PowerMizer. On battery it should work with a similiar performance as in the AC mode.

And no, Driver Cleaner does not cause problems like this.

There are those 178.24 drivers customized by Dox, with a few performance tweaks. They should give you some better performance. If you don't care that much how long will your lappy work on battery, then you might download the version that disables PowerMizer. On battery it should work with a similiar performance as in the AC mode.

And no, Driver Cleaner does not cause problems like this.

So does it mean that before i tried installing any driver the powermizer was disabled?

I tried using the version with powermizer and as long as the machine thinks your doing something intesive it clocks to the highest set rates (i.e. stock or overclock).

I used 178.13 and 180.43 both Dox' version and they work on battery with powermizer enabled.