LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX1600M HDMI support

JohanHP8710W

Hi There,

I have always used the excellent Nvidia Forceware drivers on this site for my HP 8710W laptop. Recently I obtained a external LCD screen with HDMI port. The problem is that I cannot find a Forceware driver that supports my HDMI port for my FX1600M card. Works fine with HP?s (old & slow) drivers. Someone with a similar experience or a solution? (running Vista 64)

Johan

just use the original inf, take the device id and the device name from the old hp driver, add it to the new driver's inf and use driver sweeper to cleanout all the old drivers, install the new one you just made

I had good luck running DVI-HDMI on the 177.92 drivers. The newer ones finally have proper HDTV standard resolution support.

I have the same laptop and can't get it to work with the HDMI port (it detects two displays instead of one and selecting either of them does nothing) with any of the recent driver releases and it's driving me crazy.

I have to use a VGA cable and I get some sort of interference when the laptop is running on AC power.

So far only the HP 174.70 driver has given me HDMI output, but just 720p, even when my TV is 1080 capable, which newer drivers recognize but give just black screen :)

I have to use a VGA cable and I get some sort of interference when the laptop is running on AC power.

Same here, at least partly due to not so high grade VGA cable I think. But seems quite sensitive to interference.