LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WTF! BlueScreen for no reason!

Guest MonkeyMhz

Guest MonkeyMhz

Ok, well ive had a annoying little thing going on for the last lil while. One day I just started up my laptop and it Bluescreened after the windows loading bar with that bloody IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Im thinkin like wtf when this happend cuz theres nothing that should have caused it. Except thats after I undervolted another notch. Anyways it bluescreen with that and then it dumped some memory thing, and then it restarted and works fine no BS(bluescreen/bullsh!t). Ok so then im at desktop and it was fine for about 2 days, then again it happend, after the windows loading bar. Same thing, started fine after. Then didnt happen for a while again, then yesterday it did it again, however this time it did it right at the desktop when I was just on msn, like the pc litterly just started up, i opened msn, and boom IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It restarted and then it was fine again. I checked everything and I dont think its my ram or CPU or PSU, or Mother Board. Checkdisk reported fine, no bad sectors. So I have come to the conclusion that it may be from undervolting. It shouldent, but i think it might. Some other ppl who have undervolted a have experianced the exact same thing. And no its not from drivers, i havent installed any new drivers lately. So what im doing now, as of yesterday is I made RMClock no longer apply my settings on startup. I will now just select my Performance on Demand after I start up the computer. I will do this forever or until it BS(bluescreens/Bullsh!ts) again, if it BS's then I know its not from undervolting. If it doesent BS; for like ever, then I know it was from undervolting, its no big deal but I wanna find out whats causing it. Hopefully it will be from undervolting because applying Performance On Demand on RMClock is easy but finding out what IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a much bigger pain in the everything.

Anyways, its strange, oh yea and I didnt get to see what caused the BSOD i just saw IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, its cuz all the times it BSOD i was totally not expecting it, thus looking somewhere else or watching tv then glaring down and seeing BSOD! OH NO and then its gone and restarts after the mem dump. I was gonna get the Microsoft Debugger and view the MiniDump file but ill only do that if it bsods again with the RMClock not applying settings on startup. Cuz it wouldent be worth examining a MiniDump to find out that RMClock was causing the problem when I could have guessed that.

When you undervolt a processor, you are giving it less power than then manufacturer says it needs. If you give it too little juice, it will cause errors (BSODs). The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is often associated with failing ram or cpu, so it is more than likely that it is your undervolting that is causing it. Try upping the voltage a notch and see if it goes away.

Guest MonkeyMhz

Yes, i think its the undervolting cuz todays the first day where I havent got it, the last 2 days before i got it both times.

What i do now is just manually go to my undervolted profile when the PC's already started up and I have no problems = ).