LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HD2600 pro 256mb gddr3 in Amilo 1437g

Lieuwe

I bought a while ago an ati mobility hd2600pro with 256mb gddr3 for my amilo 1437g.

This card was originally taken from a HP Compaq 8510p.

It gives a black screen on my laptop, I managed to get a remote view of the laptop because it is just booting normally.. And i made these 2 screenshots:

screenshotks5.jpg

Does anybody know how to solve this??

Thanks in advance!

I have some bad experiences with HP 2600 too. There is no any bios on it. It cannot be flashable, eeprom ID is 20FF. If there's any eeprom ic on it, there's also a trick to aviod using in not HP machine. Maybe you can integrate the 2600 bios to the mainboard bios, but I wouldn't dare. Anyways I don't know if there's any chance to get this bios from somewhere.

do you even see the bios when you boot up the laptop?

was this before or after the driver installation?

Before and after, it gives no image on boot.. It doesn't give an image at all.. Only these images through remote controll..

I have some bad experiences with HP 2600 too. There is no any bios on it. It cannot be flashable, eeprom ID is 20FF. If there's any eeprom ic on it, there's also a trick to aviod using in not HP machine. Maybe you can integrate the 2600 bios to the mainboard bios, but I wouldn't dare. Anyways I don't know if there's any chance to get this bios from somewhere.

I tried downloading the hp system bios, but i can't seem to edit it with any program (award bios editor or phoenix bios editor) so that's also stuck..

I already got a new laptop so if i brick this thing even more i don't rather care :) .. but it would be nice to fix it :) ..