LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Videocard-trouble

Gota-newbie

Hello all!

I started my computer this morning and suddenly the error NVLDDMKM came.. it was an error and my vista (32bit) had fixed it. at least thats what it said. I tried like everything there is but it seems it still not working.. to be honest it just got worse and worse.

I got a videacard, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS. Im looking for someone who can help me with the links with what to get and a little explanation how to do this on my notebook.. Im not good with these things so normal 'human'talk would be appreciated. I know there are more topics about this.. but its all confusing me..

Thanks a lot guys!

Greetings

(really wanna get some help otherwise I hae to send it back to HP, cant use that for my education relly.)

Edited by Gota-newbie

you need to remove your "driver" the software that controls your video card, to do this, press F8 on startup of the computer, then you have a list of options showing up, choose "safemode with network connection". this brings your computer to a state where it does NOT load the broken driver you have, then, quick google "driver sweeper" download the software, install, run and check "NVIDIA" only, and click clean. after it says it is done, reboot, go into normal mode, the screen will look ugly, now download a driver from here, apply the INF file, and install the driver, reboot, then it should work

now download a driver from here, apply the INF file, and install the driver, reboot, then it should work

Thanks for replying, but what Driver and INF file??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...