LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hacked XPS M1530 BIOS for fan control?

coolcop06

Hi, I was wondering if someone knows of a hacked BIOS for the XPS M1530 that allows fan control, or at least of some program that overrides the M1530 BIOS to allow fan control?

Ive tried I8KGUI and SpeedFan and neither of them worked.

If not, is it possible for someone to make one??

Thanks in advance! :)

Hmm, I haven't looked too much but it seems like i8k can only read temperatures on the M1530 and can't control the fans. Anyway, as I said in the XPS2 thread, making an actual hacked bios is not an easy task. In your case, the actual code insdie the BIOS would need to be changed to allow lower thresholds for fans to come on. I mean temperature is a definite concern but you're not likely to find someone willing or able to make this BIOS. You're just gonna have to hope one day that i8k gets updated to support your laptop.

boo haha

i was trying to work with one of the guys from speedfan via email to get support for the m1530, but he just stopped emailing me for no reason... go figure.

i want fan control! :/

• 2 months later...
Hi, I was wondering if someone knows of a hacked BIOS for the XPS M1530 that allows fan control, or at least of some program that overrides the M1530 BIOS to allow fan control?

Ive tried I8KGUI and SpeedFan and neither of them worked.

If not, is it possible for someone to make one??

Thanks in advance! :)

Very strange as that program worked great for me. I also struggled to find a program to overclock the graphics card and control the fan speed. that program worked great for cpu and gpu fan. I used Nvidia system tool to overclock gpu. Once overclocked the Fans came on to full speed automatically and temp dropped :) :P try messing with the program again. I have M1730 should be similiar but maybe after one of there bios updates that restricted all access. they had serious over heating problems with Gpu