LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Crysis WARHEAD - Custom (enthusiast level) settings for DELL XPS M1730 GF 8700 SLI! Should work for other configs as well!

radixxx

The settings I made for Crysis worked pretty well for other XPS M1730 users with dual GF8700 on board so here is a small update for Crysis: WARHEAD. Well, not as small as I hoped it would be as those are completely new settings because the previous ones did not work well with Warhead. :P

So in general - the new settings I made were done especially for Dell XPS M1730 with two 8700s on SLI. The target resolution is 1280x720 (so 720P - as result you can easily play the game on your TV). Thanks to those settings you should get from 25-45 FPS on "Enthusiast" (Very High) but generally the game works around 30-40 FPS depending on the level you play and other factors. Here you can see a video showing those settings in action:

:thumbsup:

You can download the settings and view some screenshots below. I also pasted the description which you will find in the "!read_me.txt" file.

PLEASE NOTE: those settings are in version 1.0.1 and still some updates are possible. Also if you want to get even more FPS or turn on antialiasing you can change the object quality from "3" to "2" but it will affect lighting.

------------------

CRYSIS WARHEAD - CUSTOM CONFIG (ENTHUSIAST [VERY HIGH] SETTINGS with ~30-40 FPS!) + NO OR LESS CRASHES

:rofl:

Config created especially for DELL XPS M1730 with 8700 SLI

With minor changes those settings should give great results on laps with 8800 SLI (all you should need to do is set a higher resolution and higher draw distance)

PLEASE NOTE! I take no responsability for any hardware problems which may occur after applying those settings! You do it on your own responsability!

1. WHAT YOU NEED

- DELL XPS M1730 with dual GeForce 8700GT, 4GB RAM (as in this config we turn off the texture streaming). The CPU doesn't matter (2.4Ghz is just OK)

- Forceware drivers version 177.66 with modded INF (download from here for your system version: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/...?showforum=94). PLEASE NOTE: If you are uninstalling your previous driver you might want to use Driver Sweeper (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655). With those Forceware drivers you should ovserve less or even no crashes.

- SLI mode on (obviously)

- RivaTuner 2.11 (previous versions were not tested with new ForceWare drivers)

- Crysis Warhead

- Windows Vista and DirectX 10 with Service Pack 1 or Windows XP with Service Pack 3

2. CHANGE YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS

- Go to NVidia Control Panel

- Go to Display/Change flat panel scaling

- In point 2 choose the option "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio

- Apply changes

- Restart your system to make sure those settings are working

3. OVERCLOCK YOUR VIDEO CARD

- Run RivaTuner

- In "Main" tab go to "Driver Settings" - click on the icon next to "Customize" and choose "System Settings".

- Set the Core clock to 750Mhz, Shader clock to 1500Mhz, Memory clock to 975Mhz

- Apply those settings

- In "Startup settings" make sure to check the tab applying the overclocking at Windows startup

- Click OK.

4. Run the game and go to your graphic advanced settings. Set everything to "Enthusiast" (Very High), apply changes and exit the game. In main settings make sure to set your resolution to 1280x720 (the image will be scaled with aspect ratio thanks to changes you made in the NVidia Control Panel). After doing so exit the game. PLEASE NOTE! You have to do it BEFORE copying the files in this folder!

5. If you did what you had to do in the previous point now copy the files in this package to your Crysis game directory (probably x:\Program Fies\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD). Overwrite all existing files when asked (make sure to create a backup of those folders before!). The file system.cfg will not be present in this folder before copying it so don't worry if you don't see this file in this folder.

6. [Windows Vista only!] In the game's folder go to Bin32 folder and create a shortcut to Crysis.exe. Now press the right mouse button on the shortcut, go to Properties and in the "Target" field add at the end "-dx9". In result the target should look like this: ["X:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9], where "X" is the disk on which you installed the game. This will force the game to use some DirectX9 settings which will NOT affect the visuals but will make the game perform a lot better! PLEASE NOTE! Forcing the use of DX9 might sometimes crash the game (usually while loading new levels). If so run the game withoug the "-dx9" command, save the level when it loads and restart the game with the "-dx9" command.

7. Run the game using your shourtcut.

8. Make sure VSync and AA are set to "OFF" (those options should be set to OFF by default thanks to those custom settings but just make sure)

9. IMPORTANT! When you enter advanced settings you might see that some settings are set only to "High". You can change all settings which are set to "High" to "Very High" and the game will still run smoothly! Just make sure that you don't change other settings (marked as "Set by user"). Also change the motion blur setting to "Gamer".

10. [XPS M1730 users and other laptop users with NVidia video cards] Disable PowerMizer. You can find the tutorial here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929. This step is rather optional.

11. Start the game and enjoy! You should get an average of 30-40 FPS or more and the game should look awesome! PLEASE NOTE (Sometimes the framerate might drop to ~25FPS but usually the game works between 30-40FPS).

:) :) :P

Edited by radixxx

• 2 months later...

How lame. Didn't know my handle was radixxx. When you steal my custom settings you could upload your own video to make it more believable.

So to all readers of this thread. The arse licker so called "radixxx" is just a sucker who didn't put any effort in creating those custom settings - he stole mine and only changed the nick of the creator. The original thread can be found here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=301768 (there is also a link to the original thread in the description of the movie so this only shows how stupid and lame is "radixxx").