LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for new Macbook/Macbook Air 9400m?

rittchard

Been searching around and not much has come up as yet, so I'm presently using the drivers from Bootcamp (seems to be some version of 176.44). I tried to install the Dox drivers last night but it didn't recognize the GPU...

I'm running XP Pro 32-bit.

Any suggestions?

Been searching around and not much has come up as yet, so I'm presently using the drivers from Bootcamp (seems to be some version of 176.44). I tried to install the Dox drivers last night but it didn't recognize the GPU...

I'm running XP Pro 32-bit.

Any suggestions?

Did you download the modded inf? (linked next to the driver download)

I'm also trying to get some newer drivers for a Macbook w/ 9400M GS. I tried several drivers including the latest beta and latest official w/modded .inf.

When I tried the official/beta drivers w/ modded inf, the installer looks like it's installing but doesn't install anything, doesn't even ask for restart. If I try to install the drivers manually in device manager it says that "not the best driver for your system" nonsense and won't install. I also tried making sure that my card info was in the .inf for these drivers and ripped the lines from the OEM Apple .inf. So no go on any form of official driver.

Then I tried using DOX's driver with and without the modded inf. Those installed fine but gave me a BSOD when I rebooted - nv_disp.dll was the culprit. So I rolled back the driver and now I'm stuck with 176.44.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is Windows SP3 32-bit on 2.0ghz Macbook w/ nvidia 9400M Chipset/Graphics

Edited by d+pad

Exact same problem here. My original install disk was corrupted and since the whole chipset is "badly driven", I can't even connect to the web under Boot Camp.

Any pointers?

Help please!

Sorry I don't have much to offer help wise. All I can say is I installed the 180.42 XP 32bit drivers (from this website) with the modded inf, and thus far have had no issues with it. This is running on the (new) Macbook Air.

I'm debating trying the latest Dox 180.44 driver when I get home tonight.

Sorry I don't have much to offer help wise. All I can say is I installed the 180.42 XP 32bit drivers (from this website) with the modded inf, and thus far have had no issues with it. This is running on the (new) Macbook Air.

I'm debating trying the latest Dox 180.44 driver when I get home tonight.

Quick update, I was able to install the Dox version 180.44 driver - but only with the modded inf. This is a little tricky, as you need to allow the installer to run, but it will not complete. At that point, without closing the program down (files will be deleted if you do) you have to find the extracted files in a Temp folder (make sure you have hidden files on), copy them elsewhere, and then drop the modded inf in that directory. At that point just run setup as normal.

This is running under Windows XP Pro 32bit with Bootcamp. No issues thus far.

Windows XP Pro 32bit with Bootcamp here. My Macbook (late 2008) came with screwed up DVDs and I couldn't bring Nvidia 9400M to light. So I installed 180.70 and the graphics are now smooth. However, since it is a whole chipset (beyond a GPU), I can't connect to the web, or do anything actually..

Does anyone have a pointer to either Apple's new boot camp update for the late 2008 macbooks or to the Nvidia 9400 chipset (not GPU)? That would be such a blessing. Shame on Apple for not providing a smooth download. And they are the ones to say "it just works!" Yeah, right.

Guest linhares
Windows XP Pro 32bit with Bootcamp here. My Macbook (late 2008) came with screwed up DVDs and I couldn't bring Nvidia 9400M to light. So I installed 180.70 and the graphics are now smooth. However, since it is a whole chipset (beyond a GPU), I can't connect to the web, or do anything actually..

Does anyone have a pointer to either Apple's new boot camp update for the late 2008 macbooks or to the Nvidia 9400 chipset (not GPU)? That would be such a blessing. Shame on Apple for not providing a smooth download. And they are the ones to say "it just works!" Yeah, right.

OFFTOPIC: Such a lovely webpage we have here: http://tinyurl.com/5ctb86

• 2 months later...

I'd appreciate this too. Hopefully Apple will release a boot camp update in the near future that provides more up to date drivers for the 9400m.