LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vsync locks FPS to 50

Guest Pitsacho

Guest Pitsacho

Hi,got a Dell Inspiron 1520 with a 8600M GT.The LCD supports 60hz (any program to see the real hz in windows?), but when I enable the vsync the max fps I get is 50,no matter if I got 300fps with vsyn off.

I have ran Reforce, but no success.

Help!

I don't know the right words to explain why in English, but the LCD just works in totally other way than CRT and it won't go any faster with VSync enabled.

You only really get up to 60fps anyway, no matter what it says.

Vsync will always cause a loss in fps. If you want it on then ensure triple buffering is enabled and take a look at this link for advice:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_9.html

Anyways, I asked because when u enable VSYNC, its max fps is the monitor refresh rate.So 50fps with VSYNC On means that the monitor its actually at 50hz.And this,was causing seruous stuttter,jerkyness,lag... call it whatever you want, at games, even if I had 300fps (vsync off).

Luckily found a way to fix this.

Oh,and something above 50 fps is actually noticeable (I can see the difference between 60hz and 75hz also).

That crap about anything above 24/30 fps is worthless,is because on TV,theres a thing called blur motion,google it.

To test it, open a game (preferably a first person shooter, like CS) play a bit at 100fps,then fpx_max 30,u ll notice it.