LaptopVideo2Go Forums

1920x1080 external with Inspiron 8500

Beretta621

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 8500 with a GeForce4 4200 Go 64 MB.

Is there a possibility to use an external display with Full-HD-resolution 1920x1080?

Right now I can't set this resolution ore any 16:10/9 for the external output, it only gives me 4:3-ones like 1600x1200, 1920x1440, ...

regards

Edited by Beretta621

That should work over VGA. Try adding the resolution to the INF and re-install your current driver.

That should work over VGA. Try adding the resolution to the INF and re-install your current driver.

Although I'm no expert in that I already tried this. I replaced the 1920x1440 in the INF with 1920x1080.

The effect was that the new resolution is now available for the internal notebook-display (WUXGA) in addition, but not for display no 2 (where the 1920x1440 was before!).

I'm using the 67.42 driver. Can this be a matter of the driver?

You can try adding a custom resolution for that monitor, just tell it 1080p and leave the settings on auto.

If your going to upgrade 82.10 is a good one for that card. You can use it with the stock INF too. (might need some of Pieter's tweaks to enable custom resolution menu)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8045

Great, after upgrading to 82.10 and adding 1080 to Pieter's INF it works!

Thanks!