LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TWO EXTERNAL MONITORS WITH A LAPTOP?

jossmaster

Hello, does anybody know if you can connect to a laptop two external monitors to use both as a desktop extension? in that case which graphic card is required? any graphic card with a DVI and HDI output is ok?

Thanks

I don't know of any laptops that can use 2 external monitors and the internal panel at the same time. Some laptops can use 2 externals if the internal panel is disabled. The best way to achieve 3 displays is to get a matrox dualhead2go which takes one dvi output and converts it into two separate monitors.

I don't know of any laptops that can use 2 external monitors and the internal panel at the same time. Some laptops can use 2 externals if the internal panel is disabled. The best way to achieve 3 displays is to get a matrox dualhead2go which takes one dvi output and converts it into two separate monitors.

3 monitors is interesting thanks, but at the moment what I'm looking for is to use only 2 external monitors (not the laptop screen) like the desktop and a desktop extension (not the same output in both), any of the new NVIDIA works?

Thanks

I'm not sure if most laptops can do that, but it's worth trying. I know that the clevo d901c can do it, but thats quite a unique laptop.

Most nvidia equipped laptops can run 2 external monitors, if the laptop screen is disabled.

Should work with newer drivers and Pieter's mod INF.

Just hook them up and you should have the option.