LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8400m GT drivers

Guest tigga

Hey guys,

I'm running a sony vaio VGN-AR41E laptop which has a geforce 8400m GT GPU. I can't seem to find the correct driver

i've tried numerous drivers from your search engine saying they support the card but none seem to work

If you could offer any support I would be extremely grateful

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm running a sony vaio VGN-AR41E laptop which has a geforce 8400m GT GPU. I can't seem to find the correct driver

i've tried numerous drivers from your search engine saying they support the card but none seem to work

If you could offer any support I would be extremely grateful

Thanks.

I have alredy SCREAMED on them via telephone, because the laptop did not have (!) the driver, neither their website. [well the laptop had "the driver", but it didn't work- only displayed proper resolution. No games + tearing xvid video, worse than the worse integrated 2D card]. After my rage, they released the driver. You can check UK official Sony Viao driver site (if you are somewhere else use uk proxy if you can't acces the UK webpage) and look for Sony Viao VGN FZ 31M, wich has the 8400GT (not GS) Nvidia graphic card driver. It containes around 50MB driver direct from Sony.

You can also, like me, use WHQL driver from this site (use filter). Extract it to a folder with winrar, copy modded INF to this folder, thus overwriting original INF. Install the driver using .exe file that is located in the forementioned folder. DONE.

If you are in the USA, check pulldown for 30fps (the movies are recorded with 24fps) and tinker (only if needed) with sharpening of your images, videos etc. For HD videos (h.264, x.264) use Core AVC along with MPC set for overlay. This way you get the highest quality for your HD plasma on HDMI.