LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for GeForce 9500M GS

Hazmat

Anyone possibly have the latest (and best) drivers for a GeForce 9500M GS Card? I'm on an ASUS M51Sn series laptop and they're site only has drivers dated from last year which is also the current drivers I am using. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am actually getting sick of these questions, but seriously, you joined just to ask this one question?

Yes and I'm sorry that I'm not very computer technical whatsoever and your forum search function proves to not help at all...

same as every other case, maybe I should keep this copied to a notepad. 9500m gs is identical to 8600m gt, they share the same downclocking problem, so anything before the 174.12(I think) will not have the downclocking problem. kepping that in mind, it is suggested that you use the newest driver

• 3 weeks later...

you didnt even answer his question. i guess its cuz you're from abbotsford, you have nothing to do so far out of the city that you sit on your computer bitching at people asking honest questions.

Guest Guillaume
Anyone possibly have the latest (and best) drivers for a GeForce 9500M GS Card? I'm on an ASUS M51Sn series laptop and they're site only has drivers dated from last year which is also the current drivers I am using. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi man, I have the same computer, and I found some drivers for the 9500M GS. latest is dated from last august: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia...eforce%20go.htm. If you got something more recent, please tell me.

All recent drivers do support 9500M GS when modified inf is used.

• 1 month later...
All recent drivers do support 9500M GS when modified inf is used.

yup, all drivers support them, just use the inf's (or use dox's drivers, they don't require modded INF's at all) i was using the new 185.20 drivers with mine (well, before i've gone back to 169.04 to test OC stability before i flash the BIOS to get perma OC, damn you acer for your OC block post 169.04!)

• 2 months later...

Acer 8920G nVIDIA drivers??

I've just spent a few frustrating days reading forums every where regards my 2nd hand Acer 8920G with 9500m gs card which didn't run blu ray disks and seemed to be a nVIDIA driver issue. Thought maybe the issue was Acer Arcade Deluxe, so I got hold of Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 and this also indicated a graphics driver issue.

After finding a few drivers that crashed the display & a few that ran but didn't run blu ray, I finally tried 181.22 Dox’s (file version Vista_181.22.1) on my 32 bit Vista Home machine & I'm really stoked now.

Both Acer Arcade Deluxe & Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 play Blu ray disks.

So driver can be found here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/...?showforum=122

It said to uninstall your existing driver which I did from Safe Mode then used Driver clean Pro 1.5 (free version can be googled) to remove 'nvidia' remains. It can be used for Vista but you need to right click the DCProSetup.exe and choose properties, Compatibility & tick 'Run this program as an administrator'.

I don't play games so not sure if they work or not!

Good Luck

:)

Edited by Beeefynz