LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laggy games

Spacejam

Hello. I have a little problem. When i play my fav game NBA 2k9 on my acer aspire 5930g (GeForce 9600m gt, 512 mb) , everything works fine with 179,14 , but in some moments, game starts to be laggy, i even rised my laptom , putting it on 2 books (app. 5 cm top) in the way, that there is an air under my video card, i dont thing that there should be high GPU, but i have to say, that without books, game runs worse, so it helps, maybe i have weak coolers ? Maybe some body knows better way to keep Laptop cool ?

Edited by Spacejam

Guest Biohazard777
Hello. I have a little problem. When i play my fav game NBA 2k9 on my acer aspire 5930g (GeForce 9600m gt, 512 mb) , everything works fine with 179,14 , but in some moments, game starts to be laggy, i even rised my laptom , putting it on 2 books (app. 5 cm top) in the way, that there is an air under my video card, i dont thing that there should be high GPU, but i have to say, that without books, game runs worse, so it helps, maybe i have weak coolers ? Maybe some body knows better way to keep Laptop cool ?

Buy a "laptop cooling pad" it is a pad which usually has 1-3 coolers . It costs from 10$ - 30$ depending on quality or brand. Take a look at this link, you will see what I mean http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&r...=1&ct=title

Firstly you must check what your temperatures are, to make sure your game slowdowns are related to overheating, so you don't waste money and time trying to fix it.

You should keep fans free of dust. You can open the cover and wipe the dust out or if you don't wanna open it for some reason you can use compressed air.