LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Aspire 9920 upgrade?

YaKoN

Hello, I would like to know if one you experts can tell me if i can upgrade my 8600M GT DDR2 with something better. I don't know much about upgrading laptop video cards. Thanks and sorry for my bad english. :)

you can get either the HD3650 256mb ddr3 or nvidia 9600 series. The 9600 series is a little better but not much. the 256mb HD3650 is alot better than the 512mb hd3650 version.

i dont think i agree on that statement that 512mb Hd3650 is worse that 256mb version , but to the point ...

ive seen a nice lil guide ... hmmm... somewhere , try googleing it u shoud find what ure looking for .

ill post further if ill find something

Thx , Pistino01

i dont think i agree on that statement that 512mb Hd3650 is worse that 256mb version , but to the point ...

ive seen a nice lil guide ... hmmm... somewhere , try googleing it u shoud find what ure looking for .

ill post further if ill find something

Thx , Pistino01

I think he meant the GDDR2 512MB is worse than the 256MB GDDR3 version which is definetely true.

I dont think there is a 512mb ddr3 version also.

also, the 256mb ddr3 hd3650 from ebay store: osstore fits directly in the acer machines, no bios change is needed.

Edited by nassevis

I dont think there is a 512mb ddr3 version also.

also, the 256mb ddr3 hd3650 from ebay store: osstore fits directly in the acer machines, no bios change is needed.

Actually the MXM store is selling the HD 3650 512MB DDR3 edition for 300 euros (I think it's quite expensive but I haven't found it anywhere else that you can buy).

I am not very sure though but the 256MB DDR3 of the 8600M is much better than the 3650 512MB DDR2, I haven't seen any benchamrk for the HD 3650 DDR3 editions

thankx guys. the money is not really the problem the upgrade itself is the problem. :)

Check out notebookcheck for benchmarks.

Edited by nassevis

i imagine that a Nvidia 9600M GT better than a 8600M GT is, but still don't know how to perform the upgrade :)

• 3 weeks later...
i imagine that a Nvidia 9600M GT better than a 8600M GT is, but still don't know how to perform the upgrade :)

Have you got some information already about possible GPU upgrade? :)

Have you got some information already about possible GPU upgrade? :)

Nope sorry mate, nobody seems to be willing to help me hehe :)