LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Installing Geforce drivers on t61p (quadro 570)

Number86

I've done some searches, and it appears people have been putting geforce drivers on the Quadro cards.

So just a couple of questions:

1) I'm not doing any 3d or CAD work, so the quadro functions are irrelevant to me so can I install up to date forceware drivers instead? As the lenovo drivers are fairly old

2) Should this benefit performance in games at all?

Thank you very much!

I've done some searches, and it appears people have been putting geforce drivers on the Quadro cards.

So just a couple of questions:

1) I'm not doing any 3d or CAD work, so the quadro functions are irrelevant to me so can I install up to date forceware drivers instead? As the lenovo drivers are fairly old

2) Should this benefit performance in games at all?

Thank you very much!

1)Yes

2) Just a little - 178.26 Quadro driver is almost as fast as the geforce drivers.

PhysX can make a difference, atm I'm trying 176.68, which doesn't seem to support PhysX.

The current drivers are clearly faster than let's say 9 months old ones.

1)Yes

2) Just a little - 178.26 Quadro driver is almost as fast as the geforce drivers.

PhysX can make a difference, atm I'm trying 176.68, which doesn't seem to support PhysX.

The current drivers are clearly faster than let's say 9 months old ones.

Ahh I see. But I think the issue I had was that I can't seem to stick generic forceware drivers on the laptop. Last time I tried it told me get lost and download Lenovo's own (currently 175.97).

I'll give it another try now with the 178.26 drivers!

Ahh I see. But I think the issue I had was that I can't seem to stick generic forceware drivers on the laptop. Last time I tried it told me get lost and download Lenovo's own (currently 175.97).

I'll give it another try now with the 178.26 drivers!

Nope. Won't let me install. Said it can't find any hardware that corresponds. Though I clearly have a quadro 570m!

...which seems to be missing from the inf. Only desktop 570 and then 560M etc.

You can install using the have disk method or add the lines for 570M from another inf that supports your card.

Or try 179.13 with the modified inf.

...which seems to be missing from the inf. Only desktop 570 and then 560M etc.

You can install using the have disk method or add the lines for 570M from another inf that supports your card.

Or try 179.13 with the modified inf.

Well...I installed the 178 drivers, it mentioned 570, but didn't meniton 570M. I installed via control panel using the have disk method. Nothing seems to be broken yet. Did I screw it by installing the desktop versions drivers?

No, I've done it a couple of times when my 1600M was not supported ( btw as 9600M, 570M, 9600GT...)

No, I've done it a couple of times when my 1600M was not supported ( btw as 9600M, 570M, 9600GT...)

Cool, Thanks Zippy!