LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.44

Dox

this ones could work, I dont see why it shouldnt.

Uploading the fixed version soon.

Hopefull it will install this time round

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• meruyantoro

• CronoX

• Mushu

this ones could work, I dont see why it shouldnt.

Uploading the fixed version soon.

Hopefull it will install this time round

ok, will wait and see.

there will be no secondary driver this time,right? this is for all and only one till next whql candidate?

like advised 178.24 driver for laptops and 180.43 for mainly new cards.

yes correct,

but obviously these only supported 8 series gpus and up in the first place.

I've tried my best to make the driver as compatible and stable for the older cards.

the 178.24 supported Geforce 7 cards and lower hence why they maybe better for you.

Give these a try, it wouldnt kill your system, pluse theres a nice installer this time round.

Tryin your .44 has led me to install your 180.43, very happy to finally have a more up to date driver that works my blu ray as well, hopefully 180.44 when fixed will keep it sorted too :)

Just got myself Farcry 2 , Crysis and Crysis Warhead so always up for sweet drivers :P :) thanks

yeah installer looks cool and working without any problem.

I have installed this driver already and now testing.No problem showed up so far.

I am using same configuration options as in 178.24 for my go7400,lets see what will happen.

It is hard to make happy everyone in one bundle but I know you did your best again and Dox.... you made it :)

Hey Dox! Great work with the drivers :)

Actually I've been testing them for a while now, and I've been looking for a proper driver to play Fallout3 with.

I got your latest one today, installed it fine and dandy and got playing straight away. Unfortunately, game performance was oddly enough really awful at the 900 x 800 (around there) resolution with 2xAA and 2xAS on my 8600M GT. The game stuttered everywhere I turned (as though being able to load only the graphical info that I'm looking at) and was pretty close unbearably unplayable.

So I went out of the game, and went into it again. This time, no more stuttering and lag. But the graphics seemingly got worse, and performance was still below expectations. Gah, I really have no idea what is wrong here :P

Previous drivers I had like 179.14 worked better with Fallout3 and your older customised drivers also worked quite well with my other games, only this time around I'm gonna have to reinstall and see if there's any change. Oh yea, it'd be great if you could include 1024x640 as one of the supported resolutions, since I use is quite often :)

Anyway, I still like your customised series of drivers. Go Dox!

Edited by mushi

Its still not good i think you should give it to us like the old ones without the new installer.(the x64 vista)

hello mushi,

1024x640 is in there!

not sure why the games are working bad.. is it all games??

Performance is good my way on things i tested.

Before I tweaked the drivers for performance and I set it at a certain image quality (I hacked the driver so whatever you did you couldnt actually change it)

This time I tried to balance things out and everything I do can be changed (performance and image quality wise)

Its still not good i think you should give it to us like the old ones without the new installer.(the x64 vista)

I dont think its the installer.....

I couldnt see anything i did as to why the driver would not install...

I'll have a good look at it and release it again sometime next week :|

sorry guys, I am only human :)

New version you sent me works, blu ray working, assuming games will be fine.

off out now, thanks :)

Using 1024x640 results in the 'cinema' style black cropping bars during gameplay...or am I the only one with this problem? I had to check 'see all resolutions' in Fallout3 to use 1024x640 whereas with 179.14 it was in the default selections and there were no cropping bars, so I thought that 1024x640 was not natively supported or something.

But I'm hardly near knowledgeable in this, so just take my comments with a pinch of salt Dox :)

Haven't got the time to try it with other games yet, perhaps tomorrow. Fallout3 is proving to be a pain to play, sadly. But things are a lot more exciting with customized drivers to play around with, so thanks again Dox for your efforts :)

ok vista x64 users!!

the install issue is actually fixed :)

Before you download clean your cookies otherwise you will download the old Vista x64 v1.0.0.0!!

To verify you have the right version right click Vista64_180.44.exe, choose details and see if it says 1.0.0.1.

thanks

Vista x64 installation works now thanks. :-)

Will report back after more extensive testing.

Cheers

Thanks! I will test it now.

Edited by Shaythong

Guest The Mad Mule

Just installed it (I have Vista x64), and if I rebooted right after I installed the drivers (as opposed to saying I'll do it later and then exiting your installer), it would shoot me a cmd.exe error, and made me terminate that application before it restarted. Other than that, I'm using these drivers right now, and I don't see any problems. The cmd.exe thing still bugs me though, but hopefully it was just a one-time thing.

hi,

dont worry about that commande thing its just the installer complaining about restarting the system before exiting it.

Hmm, I guess I'll just wait for the final WHQL version if it comes out soon.

I hope the XP x64 version will be out soon.....

these are WHQL candidate, which means that its in microsoft's labs being tested and gonna get the WHQL stamp.

From what i here this driver already has the WHQL cert but nvidia has not made it public yet.

If nvidia released a 180.44 as WHQL it will be the same drivers files as packaged here :) .

They cant suddenyl update the .dll files and release it with a cert since it breaks the cert.

FINALLY IT WORKS fanx very much guys.u r the best.

Does this one still have that sleep problem? Computer does not wake up after coming on from sleep screen remains black