LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.44

Dox

Guest The Mad Mule
hi,

dont worry about that commande thing its just the installer complaining about restarting the system before exiting it.

I see. But the irony is that I just installed it under Windows 7, and it didn't complain. :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• meruyantoro

• CronoX

• Mushu

Hey nice work :)

I'm with 8600M GT 512DDR2 and dunno why I have like 5fps drop on UT3 and COD4 with your new drivers than with your old 178.24.

Any reason why this happens?

Not working with the Macbook 9400M. I get a bluescreen after rebooting 'nv_disp.dll'. Haven't been able to upgrade to any Dox or any official drivers.

Any ideas? The device id in the driver list looks correct. NVIDIA_C79.DEV_0863.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9400M"

Dox, I've uploaded the OEM apple driver to http://croutondays.d3p0.com/temp/Apple_9400M_OEM.zip - I don't know if this helps, but I'd sure appreciate it if you took a look.

Edited by d+pad

Nice installer, should save some of the less experienced people the trouble of the other methods.

BTW, stupid Trend Micro Internet Security picks up a virus when I download the Vista 32 driver

I'm so sick of Trend Micro's crap detection (too many false positives and missed viruses etc) Anyone wanna reccommend a good internet security package?

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...ossible_Movly-1

wow...now after stanby the screen power on!!!yeahh!

powermizer doesn't works

it's need to install physx?!

Edited by CronoX

Not working with the Macbook 9400M. I get a bluescreen after rebooting 'nv_disp.dll'. Haven't been able to upgrade to any Dox or any official drivers.

Any ideas?

I've had a look at it, the driver contains specific settings for your card, so its more compatible and less issue for you.

I dont put specific per card settings in my drivers since it will break compatibility with other cards.

Have you tried other drivers on this site?

Hey nice work :)

I'm with 8600M GT 512DDR2 and dunno why I have like 5fps drop on UT3 and COD4 with your new drivers than with your old 178.24.

Any reason why this happens?

force vsync off in the nvidia control panel

also turn everything to max performance and see if that helps.

Or just stick to the good old 178.24 :)

Nice installer, should save some of the less experienced people the trouble of the other methods.

BTW, stupid Trend Micro Internet Security picks up a virus when I download the Vista 32 driver

strange, I can assure you there is no virus in these drivers.

I think it detects the installer extracting the files and running the setup.exe as some kind of hidden install virus thing?

I've had a look at it, the driver contains specific settings for your card, so its more compatible and less issue for you.

I dont put specific per card settings in my drivers since it will break compatibility with other cards.

Have you tried other drivers on this site?

Yeah, I tried 178.24 (w/modded inf) and 180.42 (also w/modded inf). I tried Dox 178.24 (with and without alt inf) and 180.43.

The Official drivers won't install properly; with setup.exe it says installing but installs nothing and in device manager it says it can't install it because it isn't the best driver.

The Dox drivers all install fine but I get a BSOD after I reboot.

I tried all the drivers in Safe Mode as well as normal boot with the same results.

Is there anyway I can modify the settings to get some drivers to work?

i would to know best settings in nvidia pannell for performance..i have this now:

shot0001ab3.jpg

shot0002kc8.jpg

i would to mantein antialiasing and anisotropic filter actived "controlled by applications"...it's a good idea?

OK for best performance leave the setting you have now:

Only change:

force vsync off if you do not use it

force mipmaps to bilinear

Turn triple buffering off

set Aniisotropic filtering to off

set Anti aliasing transparency to off

set negative LOD to clamp (due to the way i changeD the LOD you may get better performance by clamlping it)

Yeah, I tried 178.24 (w/modded inf) and 180.42 (also w/modded inf). I tried Dox 178.24 (with and without alt inf) and 180.43.

The Official drivers won't install properly; with setup.exe it says installing but installs nothing and in device manager it says it can't install it because it isn't the best driver.

The Dox drivers all install fine but I get a BSOD after I reboot.

I tried all the drivers in Safe Mode as well as normal boot with the same results.

Is there anyway I can modify the settings to get some drivers to work?

sorry to hear you troubled, must be frustrating.

Now lets try and get through this together.

do you know how to uninstall and cleanly remove driver?

what was the last drivers that work for you?

Only change:

set negative LOD to clamp (due to the way i changeD the LOD you may get better performance by clamlping it)

Yes, in safe mode I uninstall and delete any extra nvidia files in \system32. I also did this before I tired to install 178.24 which did not work.

I'm using 176.44 which is the OEM driver included with the Bootcamp DVD (and the one I uploaded to my server). This is the only driver that has worked.

Is there a way to use DV if it doesn't work? Rivatuner doesn't work here.

Edited by Shaythong

Hi dox

I've already installed d0x 180.44, there are no errors from installing the driver

Acer 5920G, 8600M GT 512 DDR2 (1280 TurboCache) ; Win XP Pro-32 SP2

But, after installed the driver, my TURBOCACHE is turned OFF, so just only 512 MB in the dxdiag\display, How to turned ON again?

And this driver maybe can't be overclock, coz after i overclock with riva tuner 2.11 from clock default 475/950/400 i do little overclock to 500/1000/450

My card geeting overheated aprox. 91ËšC, after played Crysis about one hour, with 177.66 driver ican overclock to 550/1100/500, my card only heat aprox. 78ËšC and after i played Crysis aprox. 3 hour,

How to solve this???

Thanx

ok,

you should download and install driver sweeper from guru3d and let that do the job for you.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

now try again.

so the other drivers here will not install?

and my ones install but give BSOD?

Ha. Driversweeper worked! Got 180.44 working :)

Thanks Dox!

Random aside question: Since the 9400M uses system memory, do you know if it's possible to allocate more ram to the video card?

Edited by d+pad

Only change:

I copied these settings and the ones in the previous posters screen shots and also took your advice about setting to best performance, should i make any adjustments for my setup? (see left) Crysis seems to be a tad shitter with this new driver, fraps mainly and thats not through running any proggie, just noticable to the eye, fans seem to be workin over time as well :)

Edited by Corrosive

Guest Kamikaz

Dox, you are GODLIKE!!!

Installed these drivers over the 180.42's, works like a charm!

I wasn't able to play CoD5 with sli enabled, somehow I always had to disable sli to keep the game from crashing (I have 2 8800 ultra's).

Now with these drivers, CoD5 on sli works without any crashes (played for about an hour now, still stable).

Crysis, Crysis Wh & CoD4 also work fine. The only game I'm still having troubles with in sli is FarCry2, but that's prolly something to blame ubisoft -_-

Anyway, thnx a lot for these drivers, they're keepers for me!

Guest doubleblack

Anyone have any reports about running this in Windows 7? I tried the WDM1.1 pre-release driver, and kept getting BSOD's and a little sluggish performance. I'm currently running 175.97 from Windows Update, and have an 8400M GS, and am interested in anyones reports with this!

Thanks! :)

Guest doubleblack

(P.S. The things I most care about are PowerMizer, Aero Performance, and reliability (no crashses, BSOD's, etc). Game performance isn't important to me, seeing as I don't play any games at all)

Anyone have any reports about running this in Windows 7? I tried the WDM1.1 pre-release driver, and kept getting BSOD's and a little sluggish performance. I'm currently running 175.97 from Windows Update, and have an 8400M GS, and am interested in anyones reports with this!

Thanks! :)

for something "stable" from my driver series try 178.24.

Its a safe bet but I recommend people use these ones if they want the "most up to date"

strange, I can assure you there is no virus in these drivers.

I think it detects the installer extracting the files and running the setup.exe as some kind of hidden install virus thing?

Don't worry, I know there's no virus in it.. lol, I couldn't download the file because Trend Micro would delete it before the download finished, so I just closed my internet security and downloaded and installed it.

Just thought I would post the problem just in case someone else was getting the same problem.

Minor Bug found.......Vista 64Bit will not resume from Standby, all i get is a blank screen.

Guest doubleblack
for something "stable" from my driver series try 178.24.

Its a safe bet but I recommend people use these ones if they want the "most up to date"

I have no doubt that your work is fantastic with either version, for their respective Operating Systems. But seeing as Windows 7 doesn't have any official drivers, I was curious on other peoples findings who may be more adventurous than I. Personally, I ran into some trouble with my Vista x64 install about 8 months ago or so and trying too make different nVidia drivers, and I had to reformat. Since then, I've learned my lesson by not necessarily always needing the latest and greatest when it comes to drivers. But the problem is I have a feeling I'm not using the best version, and I might be able to do better. That's what lead me to this thread! So as much as I trust your word Dox, I'm looking for someones personal experience with Windows 7, unless you do have personal experience with these :)

Thanks again! :)

I tried to install the XP-X86 version on my XP SP3 laptop. When I click on the install driver button, it opens up Office 2007 installer and wants to add features to it instead of installing the driver.