LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.44

Dox

Its extracted to a temp folder.

Since I dont know what OS you are using I couldn't tell you where to find that temp folder.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• meruyantoro

• CronoX

• Mushu

Its extracted to a temp folder.

Since I dont know what OS you are using I couldn't tell you where to find that temp folder.

Oops, sorry. Using Windows XP - 32bit.

I searched a few temp folders but must have been the wrong spot, thanks.

ok, you must run the installer and click install.

The drivers will then extract the files to the temp folder, so minimise the nvidia installer (do no exit it as it will delete the temp driver files)

and look at those temp folder again.

The folder will be called something like 7sx.

Can you give the full DEV ID for your card please?

Run GPUZ so I know the "Core" of you card G94 is it?

ok, you must run the installer and click install.

The drivers will then extract the files to the temp folder, so minimise the nvidia installer (do no exit it as it will delete the temp driver files)

and look at those temp folder again.

The folder will be called something like 7sx.

Can you give the full DEV ID for your card please?

Run GPUZ so I know the "Core" of you card G94 is it?

Thanks again for the quick reply - I will get the full ID once I get home later tonight (still stuck at work).

I just want to say that I am so freaking happy with these. I went from 178.24 to the 179's and then to this, These gave me a 10+ fps for my 9200m (i only play rol and uaw). Keep it up plz!

I ran GPU-Z but I don't think the info is available, there are 4 categories with nothing listed.

All I have is:

NVIDIA MCP79U

GPU 0870 Revision B1

Device ID 10DE-0870 Subvendor Apple (106B)

Most everything else is listed as unknown.

I thought there was somewhere else I could find the Device ID, I did find this but not sure if it is any use:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0870&SUBSYS_00AB106B&REV_B1\4&328AD46B&0&0080

Dox, if I were to have the trayarea icon available with the "image quality" (performance, quality) setting, would that be the same as adjusting the advanced settings in the control panel or is it the same as "Texture filtering - Quality"?

Edited by Shaythong

use the included powermizer switch,

Run the installer and select Powermizer switch.

It will be put on your desktop.

Choose max performance and restart laptop.

use the included powermizer switch,

Run the installer and select Powermizer switch.

It will be put on your desktop.

Choose max performance and restart laptop.

oh.. so if i want to switch it back to normal i just click on the enable all? sorry for noob questions...

ok use, use gpu z to check your clocks, it should be on full speed if the powermizer switch works

ok use, use gpu z to check your clocks, it should be on full speed if the powermizer switch works

i tried max the performance on AC.. restarted.. open gpu z and the clocks are not in full speed... somethings is weird here.. i don't know where i do wrong..

ok, just remered this,

at the front page of the site there is a new powermizer switch out v1.1, use that version :)

ok, just remered this,

at the front page of the site there is a new powermizer switch out v1.1, use that version :)

haha.. that's what i did.. but the outcome is still the same..

Vista x64 instalation still not working... when will be fixed?

Guest ShnikeJSB
Vista x64 instalation still not working... when will be fixed?

It worked flawlessly for me, and I have Vista Ultimate x64... So, user error... :)

Did you run the installer with admin privileges? I did. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Anyways, these drivers are MUCH smoother than the stock 180.43's. Though I am not a fan of the high mipmap LoD level that was set by default (-0.5), so I just changed it to -0.1 with RivaTuner.

Oh, and I have a Gateway P-7811fx with a P9500 CPU and OC'ed 9800GTS. I can run both CoD5 and Red Alert 3 at 1680x1050 fully maxed with these modded 180.44's, while I had to make concessions with the stock 180.43's (which also LOOKED worse, stuttered, and were just plain slower).

Great job! I'm glad to have a newer driver while waiting for my "other" 2 sources to make them... :)

ahh cool.

thanks guys :)

Didn't think to tell you to run as admin.

I guess you you must have UAC off.

I always use UAC on avoid problems and extra secure.

Guest ShnikeJSB
ahh cool.

thanks guys :P

Didn't think to tell you to run as admin.

I guess you you must have UAC off.

I always use UAC on avoid problems and extra secure.

Heh-heh, yep no problem.

And yes, I turn off UAC completely. I can't STAND it... It might as well be called "Ultra Annoying Carping"... :)

I have plenty of protection, with ESET nod32 and Comodo Firewall Pro taking care of most things. I don't need hand-holding, thank you very much... :)

Now that the official/WHQL's are out Dox, are you going to mod those? I'm hoping the TweakForce and MobileForce versions come out. And yes, I beta test them, LOL!

Awaiting 180.48 modded drivers :)

The new PowerMizer switcher is easier to use.