LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.44

Dox

The new PowerMizer switcher is easier to use.

I don't mean whether or not it's possible to switch it on/off, I'm referring to it going through all three modes and not just only downclocking to 3D Low Performance rather than full 2D performance mode.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• meruyantoro

• CronoX

• Mushu

POWERMIZER SETTING NOT FOUND

powermizer switcher...

my battery work only 2 hours!9 cells battery!

Huh? I wasn't replying to your problem Urthwhyte. Plus, why not just use the regedit method if PowerMizer switcher doesn't work. I'm not the one who made the program. :)

Edited by Shaythong

regedit metod?can you explain me?

Good work, DOX...

Thanks for your hard work...

jz noticed that the 180.48 WHQL is out, wht are the difference and will you release a modified version for 180.48??

Edited by J@CKY

Guest ccbrianf
Release Highlights

-Added image quality and performance tweaks

-Optimised drivers

Full Changes

-Added numerous OpenGL performance tweaks

-Adjusted MipMap level of detail for sharper textures

-Added tweaks to help reduce stuttering in games

leave requests here - just keep it clean.

You wouldn't happen to want to share the technical details of these tweaks with a visual system developer, either public or privately, would you?

register and give me a pm of what you want to know specifically

and why you would want this and exactly how it would be useful to you.

and may i ask what is a visual system developer?

Then i'll see.

regards

can you make a custom dox forceware for 180.70? ive heard really good things about this driver, and with your customization im sure theyll be really great! :) thanks!

Did you test Forceware 180.70 which is leaked by Xfastest?

180.60 is also out by Nvidia but not yet got WHQL.

Which one you will use on your next custom release, 180.60 after getting WHQL or leaked 180.70 ?

Hi DOX,

I find 2 problems with your 180.44 in my 8600M GT and Win XP Pro 32:

1. I can't resume from standby mode, my screen is dark and crash, so i turn off my laptop manualy by press power button

2. Time Shift Games can't be played after rool back driver to factory default driver Time Shift is playable

Hi DOX,

I find 2 problems with your 180.44 in my 8600M GT and Win XP Pro 32:

1. I can't resume from standby mode, my screen is dark and crash, so i turn off my laptop manualy by press power button

2. Time Shift Games can't be played after rool back driver to factory default driver Time Shift is playable

for now use 180.70 from this site and see if that helps

can you make a custom dox forceware for 180.70? ive heard really good things about this driver, and with your customization im sure theyll be really great! :) thanks!

I implore you, please do this! your 180.44 was the best driver i have ever used, and a 180.70 version would be so awesome and appreciated.

for now use 180.70 from this site and see if that helps

Yes, that's worked! after installing 180.70 all problems solved, but in 180.70 image less sharper than dox 180.44, and there some stuttering in some games

Can you help this? and my VGA is heated easily with this 180.70, so i can't overclock with this driver

is it normal to get 100 degree celcius from using this driver? coz the temperature goes to 100 degree when i'm playing games..

what is your laptop and your card? i've same problems too, with my Acer 5920G, Nvidia 8600M GT. I get 98 degree celcius after played crysis about one hour

DOX, i'm having slowdown problem with this driver. Especially in Fallout 3. Whenever I stop or trading or talking to NPC, the core/shader/mem is slowing down. which is normal.

But when I start to walk again, the core and shader is go back to 3D mode while the memory stays low....

I'm having the same problem with the rest of 180.xx driver.....

any clue??

Hi Dox, Great work on your drivers! seems all 180.xx drivers doesnt allow me to sleep. it will always restart if I try to resume. back to using your 178.24. if there anyway you can fix this problem in your drivers, and if so, anything I can do to help? Thanks for all your hard work!

what is your laptop and your card? i've same problems too, with my Acer 5920G, Nvidia 8600M GT. I get 98 degree celcius after played crysis about one hour

i'm using inspiron 1420 8400m gs card... i was :) with the temperature that i got when i'm playing games yesterday... i don't know what's the problem...

i'm using inspiron 1420 8400m gs card... i was :) with the temperature that i got when i'm playing games yesterday... i don't know what's the problem...

my card 8600mGT has higher clock than your card so my card should heated easily than yours, last week i ever reach 105 degree, but i don't bothered that, i'm still continue playing games about 3 hours

Now i brought notebook cooling pad, and only playing games in the cooling room, ambient temp. under 25 degree. after played games about 5 hours, my card temp. only reach 88 degree C

Anyone elses can help us?

my card 8600mGT has higher clock than your card so my card should heated easily than yours, last week i ever reach 105 degree, but i don't bothered that, i'm still continue playing games about 3 hours

Now i brought notebook cooling pad, and only playing games in the cooling room, ambient temp. under 25 degree. after played games about 5 hours, my card temp. only reach 88 degree C

Anyone elses can help us?

yea 88c is normal, but 105c is VERY dangerous. if i were getting 105c, id be calling dell (my laptop manufacturer) right away. lol. i mean dell replaced my mobo twice for getting to 95c because they said that was too hot...

yea 88c is normal, but 105c is VERY dangerous. if i were getting 105c, id be calling dell (my laptop manufacturer) right away. lol. i mean dell replaced my mobo twice for getting to 95c because they said that was too hot...

so the problem is the laptop itself and not the driver?

the older model nvidia 8600MGT has been known and proven to be faulty.

Nvidia has fixed this problem but older models of the card is out there and can fail.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...dia-g84-g86-bad

I'm not saying yours is broken, try an older driver like 169.xx or a driver from you manufacturer and compare the temps with these.

Bear in mind these drivers were designed for desktops in the first place.

Nvidia has fixed this problem but older models of the card is out there and can fail.

I'm not saying yours is broken, try an older driver like 169.xx or a driver from you manufacturer and compare the temps with these.

haha... i guess mine is faulty... or maybe it's my room temperature that affects the laptop because the weather is very hot at my place here..

DOX, i,ve use 180.70 in my 8600MGT temp getting 105 degree when i not use cooling pad and in normal ambien temp

about 169.xx you say, in 169 what "xx" is the best and cooler for me, and where can i download that