LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m gt issues

Cold Blood

Been having issues with my current drivers,178.15. In almost every game after 20 minutes of playing games start to lag or slowdown and it's get's even worse if I continue to play without a restart sometimes,especially in guild wars, to the point when I start to get artifacts even if I quit the game. And I'm not the only one,a friend of mine who has a 8600m gs also experiences the same thing. My video card isn't broken,temperatures are bellow 70 degrees even in intense usage and I don't have these issues in windows xp. Anyone ever experienced this sort of issue and how did you solve it?

The fact that you don't get the same problems in XP means it is unlikely to be anything hardware related..............odd.

Did your card underclock because of Powermizer?

hmm,now that you said,i did check out the clock and it was downclocked because of powermizer,never knew of it, and i did download something to disable it on ac, but now the fan runs like crazy and sometimes it still downclockes my card,is there a way to change these settings?