LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Force Resolution

jossmaster

Hello all, it's any way to force the resolution of the graphics card? I got a laptop with a geforce go 6400 and the maximun output (via VGA) is 1280x1024, I'm using the forceware 179.13 but don't know how to modify manually the output resolution up to 1900x1200 (I think the graphic car should be able to deal with this).

Thanks

There is an option in the nvidia control panel under "Manage custom resolutions". You should have it if your using Pieter's mod INF.

Your laptop should be able to do up to 2048x1536 over VGA.

There is an option in the nvidia control panel under "Manage custom resolutions". You should have it if your using Pieter's mod INF.

Your laptop should be able to do up to 2048x1536 over VGA.

I got it but when I try to set the new resolution I get a message "test failed" and then comes back to the previous resolution. Do you know why? do I have to configure the manual settings? I tried to do it but got the same result...

Thanks

Post what monitor you have and a pic of the custom resolution settings your trying to run.

Later today I can try giving you some settings that might work.

Keep in mind this feature is broken on some drivers.

Since its VGA there is always the option of cutting the display info pin, but I wouldn't go there yet...

edit: You should be able to use the DMT/CVT and/or other standard timings over VGA instead of the manual settings.

I have a script that can calculate timing stuff for you, but its probably not necessary. I am looking for it though.

There aren't any monitors though that natively do 1900x1200 (unless you chop part of them off?) you want 1920x1200 probably.

Post what monitor you have and a pic of the custom resolution settings your trying to run.

Later today I can try giving you some settings that might work.

Keep in mind this feature is broken on some drivers.

Since its VGA there is always the option of cutting the display info pin, but I wouldn't go there yet...

edit: You should be able to use the DMT/CVT and/or other standard timings over VGA instead of the manual settings.

I have a script that can calculate timing stuff for you, but its probably not necessary. I am looking for it though.

There aren't any monitors though that natively do 1900x1200 (unless you chop part of them off?) you want 1920x1200 probably.

Hi again. Thank you very much for your help.

The monitor is a gnr TS902W, and in the specifications support vesa WXGA+: 1440x900 at 55.47KHz horizontal and 50.90KHz vertical.

What I do is go to custom settings and set 1440x900 without modifying anything else and then gives me the test error. I also have tried modifying it manually with the same result. The drivers that I have are the forceware 179.13.

Thanks again.