LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I need help/explanation, im a noob!

JuanEnrique

Hello people and sorry for taking away minutes of your time.

I have a question....

i got a nvidia 9500m GS on my laptop

i got the forceware 180.44 installed.

TODAY on the main LAPTOP2GO page, is a NEW ONE 176.75 ? and the very first card is MY card?

what is the difference between 180 and 170 series?

also someone in this forum with the same video card as mine, says he has 174.13 or something ??

i tried those and games ran very poorly on my laptop?!?!

i got 180.44 and Fallout3 for example runs perfect.

should i try the NEW released one ? the one that came out today??

im confused, there are so many, and i never see HUGE differences when trying out games..... only performance wise.... and you have to have an eagles eye to see any difference?

please rid me of my ignorance!!

thx

Edited by JuanEnrique

The "new" one out (176.75) is a month old, so technically it isn't new. It just means the driver was found on a manufacturer site, a month after it was actually released. Your current driver is still the newest one available.

Edited by aliveanddead86

The "new" one out (176.75) is a month old, so technically it isn't new. It just means the driver was found on a manufacturer site, a month after it was actually released. Your current driver is still the newest one available.

is there anything to benefit from with the "new released, old driver" ?

i seriously dont get it... somewhere also there is this huge thing, where they test different drivers.... but how do i know if those tests are for MY video card...

and one last question (thanks for respindung by the way)

what is the powermizer switch but most of all, for what is it good??

just to save power, right? or if i choose to, NOT save power!?

If you're a heavy laptop/pc user who plays games a lot, you should definitely disable powermizer. It basically controls your laptop in such a way that it uses less power, which isn't suited for gaming since it will give you a lower fps.

People test different drivers for different cards, and maybe nobody have done tests with your card yet. There is no such thing as "the best driver" for a card, but there's certainly some drivers that are better than others.

With 180.44 you should be fine and up to date with the latest drivers.

also it needs to be noted that newest drivers are not always the best. i for one dont like the 180 series yet. a driver thats specifically for SLi and its working like a dog. 179.14 is the best performing driver for games currently. but with issues as a result.

The 'best' driver for your system will have to be tested by you. but for a general.. and i say general as each and every system will be different you can look here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....5&hl=8700gt

NOTE: if you are happy with your cyrrent driver then dont change.