LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SLI set up question

omega2k1

i getting ready to get a new notebook with sli capability, but im only configuring it for 1 card (9800m gtx 1gb) to save money. i plan on getting a second 9800m gt 1gb on. this would be my first time setting up sli. i just want to know what needs to be done after installing the second card?

to be honest, i would only buy that 2nd card for SLi if you have the money available, and have nothing better to spend the money on. 15% increased performance is as much as you can expect. (possible more depending on the game)

If you are still interested in purchasing the 2nd card... make sure its from the same place as you purchased the system from, as it will probably have different bios and may not be compatable if its not. otherwise there is nothing that you need to do except open it up and slot it in. (removing heatsink etc)

thanks. what kind of fps you get in crysis on vista 32bit with you sli setup?

i run at full resolution 1920 x 1200 and settings on high. (not ultra high) also turn water down to low. very good FPS have not done a tests to see what the actual frames are but about 25-30 would be my guess. with SLi off i would have to crank resolution down to 1600 1200 to get same performance. not much different.. about 15-20 % more with SLi on. so yeah it is an improvement, and as drivers get better and better SLi will improve to new levels.

regarding the SLi setup, you will need to specify that the card you are going to buy is for SLi and its the 2nd card. I think that the bios will be different in that card. it is in my 8700 gt cards.