mobilenvidia

NVIDIA driver v180.48 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 180.48
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-11-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 40.02MB (MD5: 0f5570dd633fabc927a6e5032fc8f355)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: True
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 32 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 32 models:

[DEV_0191] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

[DEV_0193] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

[DEV_0194] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

[DEV_0600] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

[DEV_0601] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

[DEV_0602] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

[DEV_0604] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2

[DEV_0605] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

[DEV_0606] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS

[DEV_0610] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

[DEV_0611] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

[DEV_0612] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

[DEV_0613] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

[DEV_0614] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

[DEV_0622] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

[DEV_0623] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS

[DEV_0625] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512

[DEV_0640] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

[DEV_0641] NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

[DEV_0643] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

[DEV_0644] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

[DEV_0645] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS

[DEV_065B] NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

[DEV_0860] NVIDIA GeForce 9300

[DEV_0864] NVIDIA GeForce 9300

[DEV_0865] NVIDIA GeForce 9300

[DEV_0868] NVIDIA nForce 760i SLI

[DEV_086A] NVIDIA GeForce 9400

[DEV_086C] NVIDIA GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i

[DEV_086D] NVIDIA GeForce 9200

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexnvidia

• Grantman

• wilsonjay

• Frosty the Snowman

can i install this driver on a 8400M GS?

Man there always seems to be a high concentration of stupid questions on these forums. Instead of wanting to be spoon fed why dont' you find out for yourself.

I'm downloading the driver now for my 9600m gt 512mb ddr2.

Hi, I install on my samsung r560 (gf 9600gt gddr3) My subjectively opinion is incresing level of temperature in compare with 178.13. In counterstrike game I had something about 60-65 celcius, and here I have 65-70 celcius.

Man there always seems to be a high concentration of stupid questions on these forums. Instead of wanting to be spoon fed why dont' you find out for yourself.

I'm downloading the driver now for my 9600m gt 512mb ddr2.

It's not a stupid question. There's a reason it's in the FAQ.

Modded inf file has error in the 2-nd line -NVIDIA GeForce 9400 is in inproper place.

So it does, all fixed now.

Did wonder at the time what happened to the GPU text I tried to add :)

It's not a stupid question. There's a reason it's in the FAQ.

Why does the faq exist? So these repetitive questions aren't regurgitated ad nauseum...

It is a patently stupid question because it shows ?I?m to lazy to do anything for myself? people haven?t spent a lot of time putting up good guides for idiots to ignore and ask stupid questions?

Anybody notice a performance increase with these drivers? Anyone know if these drivers work with a lower graphics card, like the 7900GS?

there will always be people who want a quick fix to answers.

I find that most are guests as they dont want to take the time to register which would indicate that they also dont want to take the time to search this site for answers.

@ GUEST: yes you can install them on your system. just read the FAQ for answers. or ask another question and i'll post an answer for you. :) : )

So it does, all fixed now.

Was always wondering- why %NVIDIA_G96.DEV_0649.1% is still mobile_nv_NV3x and not nv_G9x_HD as almost equal cards are?

Why does the faq exist? So these repetitive questions aren't regurgitated ad nauseum...

It is a patently stupid question because it shows ?I?m to lazy to do anything for myself? people haven?t spent a lot of time putting up good guides for idiots to ignore and ask stupid questions?

yea its kinda a noob question, but there are no stupid questions here. everyone needs help, at one point or another...

and since you just signed up and are on your 3rd post, you really shouldn't be bashing the people on this site, or anyone for that matter.

my 2 cents!

yea its kinda a noob question, but there are no stupid questions here. everyone needs help, at one point or another...

and since you just signed up and are on your 3rd post, you really shouldn't be bashing the people on this site, or anyone for that matter.

my 2 cents!

After reading for myself how to dual boot xp and vista on a vista only laptop, dredging up drivers from the net's nether regions, slipstreaming vista and xp cd's with sp's and obscure drivers and creating iso's to image my drives and partition my drives etc etc etc my patience has diminished to nearly nothing for those who won't research for themselves and read the info that is set out for them by people who have worked hard and taken the time to write guides for them in the first place. Honestly I've only been on this forum a few times and already seen a heap of mind numbing comments. I won't be sticking around. I'll give these drivers a wurl and perhaps report back but come on, I'm saying what everyone who has found out stuff for themselves wants to say...

Now that I have managed to do a clean install of vista without all the hp bloat (which I read how to do myself!) I'll be loading on some games and 3dmark06 to test out this driver.

hmm...im using 8600m gt,the nvidia cpl is not in the menu when i right click on the desktop but its available in the control panel...how do i fix that?

wait...fixed :)

Edited by wilsonjay

control panel gone with the latest inf (v3.276). it was ok with the previous inf. please fix it.

I've only been on this forum a few times and already seen a heap of mind numbing comments.

I agree Grantman.

Koroush over at the TweakGuides forum has a basic research rule, and although this is partly a tech support website, it would be nice to see it implemented to some extent.

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?t=3583

There are plently of sources of the simpliest information, here and elsewhere, so to see the same daft requests over and over again does this site no favours.

IMHO

control panel gone with the latest inf (v3.276). it was ok with the previous inf. please fix it.

lol r u alex from lowyat forum?

There are plently of sources of the simpliest information, here and elsewhere, so to see the same daft requests over and over again does this site no favours.

IMHO

Couldn't agree more. Tweakguides has the right idea.

As to the 180.48 driver for my 9600m gt ddr2, my 3dmark06 score (for what it's worth) dropped by 95 or so points from approx 4460 to 4365. Laptop enters and resumes standby just fine. The control panel works fine. COD4 gaming doesn't appear any better over 178.24 but it's hard to gauge without more playing. The benefit, if any, will be more noticeable in newer games.

Edited by Grantman

Guest Shocker

3DMARK06 SCORE 1280x1024

@Core 475MHz Shader 950MHz Memory 702MHz

177.83 : 4177

180.48 : 4196

@Core 625MHz Shader 1250MHz Memory 800MHz (This corresponds to nearly 8700M GT. )

177.83 : 5091

180.48 : 5096

nice driver . :)

-----------------------------------------------------

XPS M1530

Windows Vista Home Premium

Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz

PC2-5300 DDR2 2GB

Geforce 8600M GT GDDR3 256MB

Core 475MHz Memory 702MHz

160GB 5400rpm

WSXGA+(1680x1050)

Guest trymostrrecentbios
*sigh*....laptop won't wake up from sleep using this driver. Back to DOX 178.24 for me. I'm using M1530 with 8600M GT GDDR3 btw.

Hi Gentlemen, pls make sure you have the latest BIOS when using these drivers. I had the same problem, could not wake up from sleep with these exact drivers...until I updated my Acer 5920G to the latest BIOS, and right after the flash, it just worked fine. I put it to sleep multiple times to be sure.

good luck!