LaptopVideo2Go Forums

EVGA X58 Mobo Vs Asus P6T X58 Mobo

Guest MonkeyMhz

Guest MonkeyMhz

For a more professional enthusiast gaming system. Which would be a better motherboard for the new Intel i7 CPUs, the

Asus P6T X58:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=ASUS

Or

EVGA X58:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...anufacture=eVGA

At first thoughts I would do EVGA but I wanna hear what you guys say, the only thing making the EVGA stand out is the beautiful layout and space on the mobo and its lifetime warranty even with overclocking as long as you dont do 1.6Xv's on the RAM.

I personal, will stay away from ASUS.

Before you by anyting from asus just read about they tech support and other complaints.

Unlike Gray, i stick behind ASUS and their motherboards. I recommend them for anything besides overclocking if your gonna overclock go with the Evga

Edited by Squall_Rinoa89

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to know if any1 has any benchmark links on these 2 boards, I am aking the exact same question, all prices aside the Asus P6T deluxe-and thats just the p6t deluxe, NOT the OC/Palm edition, or the EVGA x58, I've had asus boards and they've performed amazingly, always with great compatability with all hardware, but I also had an evga 680i board, and that board was great too. I cannot seem to find a good benchmark or review between the 2 boards, I did come across 1 benchmark website which compared the "P6T deluxe" and the intel board, along with the striker extreme 2 x58 by asus, but on the last page it said the p6t deluxe was the OC palm edition-stupid mistake of mistitling the review by them.

Anyways long post, but I'd love to hear some feedback, hopefully there are some who have these boards already.

:) Jon

Guest BudgetMan
I would also love to know if any1 has any benchmark links on these 2 boards, I am aking the exact same question, all prices aside the Asus P6T deluxe-and thats just the p6t deluxe, NOT the OC/Palm edition, or the EVGA x58, I've had asus boards and they've performed amazingly, always with great compatability with all hardware, but I also had an evga 680i board, and that board was great too. I cannot seem to find a good benchmark or review between the 2 boards, I did come across 1 benchmark website which compared the "P6T deluxe" and the intel board, along with the striker extreme 2 x58 by asus, but on the last page it said the p6t deluxe was the OC palm edition-stupid mistake of mistitling the review by them.

Anyways long post, but I'd love to hear some feedback, hopefully there are some who have these boards already.

:) Jon

You do know that the Asus P6T deluxe and P6T OC Palm Version uses the exact identical clone board right? The Palm version just has a little LED display that shows temperatures, voltages, fan speeds and allow you to overclock on it without having to open up software. And if I haven't been redundant enough: The boards are exactly the same.

From what I understand, Asus makes the more stable board while the eVGA is the board with more potential. There might be some problems with the eVGA board in terms of compatability with other hardware but not so on the Asus. On the other hand, the Asus, with its PCI and PCIe slots layout, won't accomdate SLI very well especially if you're planning to use cards with coolers that take up a second slot (like nVidia 200 series). So the better mobo will depend on what you want to do with it. I personally with go with the Asus since I know it won't cause me a headache on compatability. Just knowing that something will work when I plug it in is worth any extra bit. Besides, how many people will actually go for a triple SLI anyway?

i agree. i like asus, obviously as i have purchased my 2nd laptop. I would also go and buy another one after this. good service, good products, never had a warantee issue.

but have also heard good things from EVGA. i do use their overclocking software.

guess u have to wait to see if anyone has used the mobo's u mention.